Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Forester
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some new door speakers and an amp to power them. What should I get? I was thinking of getting the door speakers separate from the tweeters, but i just learned about component speakers. I also don't even know what sizes i'm looking at yet. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2000 Forester
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oops, forgot to tell you, I already have a HU.

·
Registered
2000 Forester
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
most likely a 4 channel. If i truly need one i guess.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
I'd start with swapping out the fronts, and then go from there. then I'd add an amp to power the front speakers before I even messed with the rear speakers. 90% of your sound comes from the fronts, so no real need to mess with the rear speakers right away. they are the last thing I'd change.

·
Registered
2000 Forester
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd start with swapping out the fronts, and then go from there. then I'd add an amp to power the front speakers before I even messed with the rear speakers. 90% of your sound comes from the fronts, so no real need to mess with the rear speakers right away. they are the last thing I'd change.
Good idea. Just curious, why do you like the MB quarts?

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
I personally think they are one of the better sounding speakers in the sub $150 range, and at $54 it is an incredible deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts