Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester Premium CVT
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A friend just put in an order for a 2010 Forester and I suggested he take a look at this forum. It got me to thinkin' (it happens sometimes) there should be a thread that lists things that newbie should know. Just a couple of key things that can save a bunch of money and headache include:

-Subies should always be towed on a flat bed or it'll ruin the tranny
-Circumference of all four tires must be within 1/4" to insure that the AWD works properly and doesn't damage the tranny.
-Having oil changes done at an independent garage will not void the warranty.

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,767 Posts
Lookin' good so far, subscribed!
Hhhmmm, you've just identified an unanticipated problem. Subscription will only tell you when there are new posts, and all updating is going to be done by editing into what's there. I guess I could force a subscription notification by putting in a temporary bump post and then deleting it a short time later. I just don't want this thing to get strung out.

Anyway, you've been around long enough that you ought to be a contributor to it, not a consumer! :icon_wink:

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,683 Posts
Hhhmmm, you've just identified an unanticipated problem. Subscription will only tell you when there are new posts, and all updating is going to be done by editing into what's there. I guess I could force a subscription notification by putting in a temporary bump post and then deleting it a short time later. I just don't want this thing to get strung out.

Anyway, you've been around long enough that you ought to be a contributor to it, not a consumer! :icon_wink:
Lol I know how to check the thread, I was talking this one as a reminder to come up with ideas to add!:biggrin: Like as far as the HGs go, I know there was a thread recently assessing the different brands for replacing and whether or not to just retorque (answer is genuine is best and don't torque).

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,683 Posts
Also a general note to searching, the google search should be suggested when ppl complain about the forum search policy of minimum character #.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,105 Posts
Also a general note to searching, the google search should be suggested when ppl complain about the forum search policy of minimum character #.
I included this info here, which addresses tips for forum usage rather than Forester-specific advice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts