Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
FXT and Wifes Leggy
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not an April fools joke! It's about time for another suby drive up to Sedona. We can drive up and meet at the Basha's in Sedona like last year (there is a Subway there for the hungry ), then we trickle back down through Jerome(careful of cops there) and stop at Mingus Mountain for some pics at the rest stop. We will meet at 8:30am at Forced Air Technologies since it's right off of the I-17 and Cactus and the parking lot is big. Here is the google map: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2818+W.+Cactus+Road,+Phoenix+AZ&spn=0.017251,0.026052&hl=en
From there at 9:00 am we will get on the I-17 north . Here are the directions from FAT to Basha's/Sedona in order: 1. Head east from W Cactus Rd - go 0.1 mi, 2. Turn left at N Black Canyon Fwy aka. I-17 - go 0.1 mi, 3. Take the I-17 N ramp to Flagstaff - go 88 mi, 4. Take the AZ-179 exit 298 to Sedona/Oak Creek Canyon - go 0.2 mi, 5. Turn left at AZ-179 - go 15 mi, 6. Turn left at AZ-89-ALT - go 1.9 mi, 7. Turn right at Coffee Pot Dr - go 0.1 mi

The weather should be perfect, and there are some nice twisties on the way back through Jerome to Mingus Mountain. As always, Let's be safe on this drive and no accidents or ticket's please!! There may be kids and pets on this drive ! Here are some links from past drives that might have pic content in them. http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=834613
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797551
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=759262

Here is the list of attendees so far:

1. Keyser Soze
2. Robert
3. VSB XT
4. boosted20
5. JasonF
6. treefrogaz
7. fieldy72233
8. doublej
9. intercoolerontop
10. LegacyGT05
11. Romanwrx03
12. Stu
13. Payback(most likely)
14. thinkledge
15. bobzoon
16. culmbn
17. AzRally
18. Cody06
19. The B
20. Wgnths(most likley)
21. sv-fxt
22. STi_Guy04(pending on axles)
23. KevinL
24. Yesitsdrew5310
25. fxtacy
26. bassboy
27. 05BluePearlGT
28. Jamesrt
29. 06wrx
30. szeny
31. FATgc8
32. pyrex
33. Marx92x
34. Evil WRX(prolly)
35. Red "'88T"
36. wrxkid85(prolly)
37. jsap(prolly going)
38. stiguy75
39. chump
40. Lazaride
41. BlackDestiny
42. STi Wamper
43. azimiut
44. evil's girl
45. v8eaterwrx
46. thetraut
47. elpete77
48. gormonk
49. ilovewrxs
50. mrduce17
51. ????

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Great!!! Will be looking forward to this! I just got my new CAI, next week Dyno Comp will do the Ecutek! This will be a good practice run before heading to Cali in May!

·
Registered
FXT and Wifes Leggy
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now we just need svfxt aka Mark, Aaron B, Kevin aka Kastle, Buddy aka Fxtacy, and any other locals to sign up!!!!

·
Mr. April 2008, Image Master
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Any so-cal peeps going to be there? Maybe we could caravan? Even go in on a hotel room so there won't be so many miles put down in one shot?

·
Registered
FXT and Wifes Leggy
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Wraith said:
Any so-cal peeps going to be there? Maybe we could caravan? Even go in on a hotel room so there won't be so many miles put down in one shot?
Not that I know of.. but it would be awesome to have em'!

·
Registered
96 Posts
put me down as a strong maybe...I've got a new baby coming any day now, so we'll just have to see how it all works out! I did the drive last May and it was a great trip.

·
Registered
FXT and Wifes Leggy
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sv-fxt said:
put me down as a strong maybe...I've got a new baby coming any day now, so we'll just have to see how it all works out! I did the drive last May and it was a great trip.
Sweet, puttin' ya' down!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Cool... I just put it on my and my wifes MS Outlook calendar. Enough advanced notice that I can avoid conflicts too.

Only problem now will be waiting in extreme anticipation for March to be over. :)

·
Registered
399 Posts
VSB XT said:
Glad you can make this one Buddy! Map link is now fixored!
IM'ing w/ my wife about it now. We are trying to plan to make it a family outing w/ maybe a overnight stay in Prescott to reduce the in car time for my son (2.5 yrs old).

·
Registered
FXT and Wifes Leggy
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
fxtacy said:
IM'ing w/ my wife about it now. We are trying to plan to make it a family outing w/ maybe a overnight stay in Prescott to reduce the in car time for my son (2.5 yrs old).
Yeah, we kinda made it a family thing as well. The little guy loves car rides!

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
870 Posts
Virgil I will be posting My possible car pics bump!

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
870 Posts
Well Virgil I guess I will show everyone now..... My choices were one of these rides. All ranging from 14k to 19k american dollars. Legal in 49 states one of them being arizona. But I think I may go with a forester.... Just more pratical for me.... But I still may get one of these in the near future(near future being now till 2 years)

Btw You are coming this Saturday to our meet up that i posted!

·
Registered
FXT and Wifes Leggy
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DonutKing said:
Well Virgil I guess I will show everyone now..... My choices were one of these rides. All ranging from 14k to 19k american dollars. Legal in 49 states one of them being arizona. But I think I may go with a forester.... Just more pratical for me.... But I still may get one of these in the near future(near future being now till 2 years)
Btw You are coming this Saturday to our meet up that i posted!
If you can, please please please get the Skyline!!!!!!! Not sure if I can make it on Saturday or not. I've been getting away w/ doing a lot of car stuff lately and if I keep it up, I'll lose my privlages!!!

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
870 Posts
That was the first choice but.. It may be a project car down the road something i dont have to insure and can just be a race car. so Forester it is.. anyone got a white one for sale????

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
870 Posts
virgil you should get a hydra and get rid of the ecuteck! I am telling ya that **** is nice!

Still looking for a forester here guys... if not soon Im gonna go crazy!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts