Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
05's XT/GT
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on replacing the stock subwoofer with this CDT 6x9 free air subwoofer (link below) when I upgrade my sound system this spring. They are only sold as a pair for $100. Would anyone be interested in buying one for $50 or splitting the cost? I'm trying to make this as easy as possible, hence the 6x9, but if there is no interest I might put in a 8" woofer and seal it up.

http://www.mainstreet-audio.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CL-69&Category_Code=CLASSIC_SERIES

·
Registered
05's XT/GT
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CDT was recommended to me by a few "audiophile" types I know who have a lot of experience with car audio. I've listened to systems that use this brand exclusively and they sound amazing. I haven't any experience with this exact 6x9 woofer, but I'm sure it will be an improvement over the factory woofer. But I'm not expecting it to perform as well as a 8 or 10" subwoofer in a sealed enclosure.

·
Skeptic
2004 XT
69 Posts
jevans said:
I'm planning on replacing the stock subwoofer with this CDT 6x9 free air subwoofer (link below) when I upgrade my sound system this spring. They are only sold as a pair for $100. Would anyone be interested in buying one for $50 or splitting the cost? I'm trying to make this as easy as possible, hence the 6x9, but if there is no interest I might put in a 8" woofer and seal it up.

http://www.mainstreet-audio.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CL-69&Category_Code=CLASSIC_SERIES

You have any takers yet? If not, I'm interested.

thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
05's XT/GT
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
derscott said:
You have any takers yet? If not, I'm interested.

thanks,
Scott
A few people expressed interest, but no takers. I already ordered the set, so I'll post the one for sale when I get it.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Wish I would have seen this post. I have CDT separates up front and coaxes in the rear doors and love them. If you would pm djdilliodon on NASIOC he is the hookup for factory authorized CDTs. He'll beat anybody's price.

Frank

1 - 11 of 11 Posts