Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester sports xt
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little while back I installed the Maddad dual tip exhaust. I knew it was a little too snug to the bumper, but being the impatient person that I am, I figured a couple of days wouldn't hurt. :chair: So, now it is a good learning experience and luckily Subtle makes the CF exhaust heat shield:woohoo: The Subtle skid plate also saved me recently. My prosport exhaust manifold melted through the plastic stock underside dirt guard, so the skid plate was a nice upgrade/replacement.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
thank god for subtle, brads parts are top notch. all of your problems were caused by using the wrong fitting parts though... a longer exhaust hanger(s) and a non knock off manifold and everything would have fit perfectly!

oh well you live and learn, luckily you have some new shiny parts out of lesson!

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
A little while back I installed the Maddad dual tip exhaust. I knew it was a little too snug to the bumper, but being the impatient person that I am, I figured a couple of days wouldn't hurt.
A little snug?!? That thing was snug to the crash beam, let alone the bumper...
Nicely fixed up though, I haven't installed my Subtle heatshield yet...

·
Registered
2008 Forester sports xt
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am happy with the results now, but it sure was a stomach churning thing to see my bumper like that. I was using the KB XL hangers from the start. I had to have the hanger posts cut and rewelded higher up. I didn't realize the prosport exhaust manifold was a knock-off... should I be worried?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts