Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester 2.5XT
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the bezel installed. I'm real happy with the fit and finish of the bezel. I definitely wanted to keep the lid to cover up the gauges even if I couldn't use the opening mechanism. I ended up frankesteining it with some Hobby Lobby foam.

I cut off a section of this foam block which happens to be the exact width of the lid. The thickness of the foam is about a 1/4". I cut it at a perforation that was already stamped into it.

I also bought a 3mm foam and covered the back of the lid to protect the gauges from getting scratched. Before this I dremmeled away the plastic fins on the inside of the lid.

Backside with 3mm foam and piece of foam block

Front view

Without lid

With lid

As you can see the fitment is dead on. To place the lid I just drop it in bottom first then push the top flush. The bottom foam piece creates enough pressure to keep from moving around.

To remove it, I press the bottom of the lid which let's the top part loose.

For adhesive I used double sided 3m tape. I don't know how long it will hold up since I just finished this 10 minutes ago.

·
Registered
2008 Forester 2.5XT
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes subiegal pod and omori boost gauge. I tried ordering the omori egt and oil pressure gauges but omori apparently is gone. I bought the prosports until I can find more oem looking gauges.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
150 Posts
Looks awesome! Thanks for posting pics.

I just ordered my blank plate from Subtle. I plan on putting my 60mm e-Boost gauge and my methanol pump light and knock sensor light in it. Should clean my interior up nice. Can't wait!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts