Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i just installed the 2-point fender braces from Subtle-Solutions this weekend... i didnt know what to expect n exactly how it really worked but driving home after installing it... i gotta say wow...

when people say it stiffens up the front end.. they mean it in a good way :biggrin: (no NVH, it actually reduced NVH)

i used to feel a lot of vibration in the front end n steering wheel but not as much now.. saying the front end is more "solid" is the best way to put it.. everyday on my way home from work.. theres this part of the highway thats downhill n very bumpy.. not cobblestone street type bumpy.. but enough to make the chassis rattle a pretty dam good amount also makin the steering wheel turn left n right a bit.. after driving over that part after the install.. no rattles n the steering wheel stayed solid straight!!

taking turns feels more precise n again.. "solid".. plus i was driving in the rain.. i felt confident gunnin it to 80 mph at times n just stayin at 80 mph..

so i suggest you people get this product cause its definitely a bang for your buck... but hurry up cause Subtle only got 2 left in stock!!

install was pretty easy.. i followed this install http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f70/2-point-fender-brace-install-57688/

so without removing the fenders n just bringing down the fender liners.. the first side took me like 45 min... but after learning what i can n cant do with the tight install.. the other side took me 15 min.. not painless but heck of lot better than takin off the fenders

im on kyb gr-2s n swift springs with a STi 20mm RSB.. n im sure this mod would go great with a rear strut tower brace

good ish Subtle!! always makin them excellent quality pieces

·
Registered
SG9 Forester XT Stick Shift
1,670 Posts
I just get done building mine and wish I just spend the money and buy it from subtle. It only cost me $40 to build mine but its a pain in the butt to get correct measurement. I haven't even take a test drive yet. Way too tired today.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update on the performance of these fender braces from my drive to work this morning... WOW... front body flex reduced like woah so takin turns is outta control now (not literally)... FUN, PRECISE AND RELIABLE AS HELL takin sharp turns..

definitely a MUST DO.. ive read that its illegal for you auto-x people to use n i can see why..

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,325 Posts
WOW Subtle fender braces!!!

All I can say is wow & what a great product. I installed these both in about 30 minutes & dang what a difference these make. The front end is so much tighter & turn in/out is way faster then it did before. If you have not done these, please do your self a favor & do them...

Thank you guys/gals for an awesome product!!!

joe r

·
04's 2 FXT's.
9,325 Posts
Lol I am not pulling my liners back down.lol

What a difference these make. From a piece of metal, square tube & 8 bolts/washers of goodness! Super happy with them. Might just have to order a set for my wife.

joe r

·
04's 2 FXT's.
9,325 Posts
I wonder if the 09+ STi has them. If so the SH is clos to the STi & I bet they would fit?

I a so happy I did these braces what a crazy difference these make.

joe r

·
Banned
2007 XT Sports Manual
6,414 Posts
Thanks for the + feedback.

I'm glad you are pleased with the product!

I have a feeling not many Forester owners realize the amazing improvements these have on our vehicles.

Hopefully your review will steer them in the right direction! :)

·
04's 2 FXT's.
9,325 Posts
No worries. Its no wonder the STi came with them from the factory as far as the stamp steel pieces. These bar far are way better & dam they rock. I can not believe I waited so long to do these!!!

This is a no joke mod & well worth the coin to do them! Super easy to install also. Dam what a difference. I am so blown away by them & I think my wife needs a set...

joe r

·
04's 2 FXT's.
9,325 Posts
I would pull down your liners & see if you have the holes for them. Its not all that bad to do. If they will I would install them. I can not wait to go drive my XT again.lol I want to now but have had a few.lol

joe r

·
Registered
2001 Forester L
404 Posts
I would pull down your liners & see if you have the holes for them. Its not all that bad to do. If they will I would install them. I can not wait to go drive my XT again.lol I want to now but have had a few.lol

joe r

Alrighty. Thanks for the tip.

It should be a breeze since I lost my fender liners in a mud hole haha.

·
04's 2 FXT's.
9,325 Posts
Nice.lol

Quik pic of the holes you should be looking for. I tried a search for 02/03 wrx but came up short. These are the 03+ forester bolt holes.

joe r

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Manual
1,274 Posts
I found out that GTspec makes them for the 08+ STI. I bet they would work for the SH too.

One vendor on NASIOC said that the 08+ cars had better factory braces so there is less to gain. I am not sure how many have done it though.

·
04's 2 FXT's.
9,325 Posts
I bet your SH does not have them. Run out & pull your fende liner down or drive over. I am only about 2.25 hours from you unless your heading to the WCSShow I will look for you. I am curious now.

joe r

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i had the same reaction when i installed these too.. youre gonna get the same reaction when you buy/install the trunk brace as well.. i didnt think it was gonna do much... but it gives more than expected.. pair that up with the a rear strut bar and sh*t feels amazing

and they make the ride quality better too!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts