1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
2007 XT Sports Manual
6,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:woohoo:

Silly Subtle...

Our Impreza & Legacy style "Alternator Cover" fits any Forester from (2003 - 2010).

You can order this online now at: Subtle Solutions

If this cover does not show up on our website under your specific vehicle year/model, please go ahead and order one of the Impreza or Legacy covers. It's the same. Just make a note in the message box that it's for a Forester. We should have our website updated in the next week or so to show this new cover. Thanks for your understanding.

For the Forester, it does require you to install the following bracket that can be purchased through any Subaru dealership parts dept. You can also order this through one of our Sponsored Subaru Vendors on here (Hodges Subaru or Annapolis Subaru).

Here is the bracket required to fit this cover on a Forester:

Here are some pictures of the cover installed on a few Impreza's:

·
Banned
2007 XT Sports Manual
6,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I may, why would 09 owners purchase this item if the XT models have a large plastic cover already in place?
To get rid of the that huge ugly cover and replace it with something aftermarket.

The Imprezas, Legacys and Foresters all come with some kind of cover. People want something different, new, and aftermarket.

A majority of us on the forum are into modding our cars and adding aftermarket products to enhance, change, or differentiate our cars from the other "joe" down the street.

:biggrin:

·
Banned
2007 XT Sports Manual
6,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the clarification. However, this is a mod that would not be wife approved. Plus I like my big plastic thingy. I actually wipe the subaru symbol after every oil change.
Sorry. I didn't mean to come off like a jerk.

By your 1st post, I didn't know if you were being sarcastic or just trying to be negative about the product.

The wife wouldn't even notice :biggrin: It's Subtle!

The main reason we offer a black powder coated version is to make it look somewhat "stock" and not look too "bling".

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5x
96 Posts
I've been looking at the black alternator cover alot today and this post is very informative. My only question is that in the first post back in 09 it stated that i would need to purchase a bracket from any Subaru part dept. Does that still apply when purchasing a cover?

·
Banned
2007 XT Sports Manual
6,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've been looking at the black alternator cover alot today and this post is very informative. My only question is that in the first post back in 09 it stated that i would need to purchase a bracket from any Subaru part dept. Does that still apply when purchasing a cover?
Yes. The original Forester cover (see Preachers member journal) utilized an existing bracket.

Now that the covers are universal, you will need to order the following ($3.00) part from your local Subaru dealership or from one of the Subaru parts vendors on here.

Stay-power steering, belt cover
Subaru Part # 23791AA002

1 - 20 of 66 Posts