Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Banned
2007 XT Sports Manual
6,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AVAILABLE NOW!!!

SUBTLE: Trunk Brace (Silver Metallic) for the (03-08) Subaru Forester (all models).

Production Photos (shown below):

Specs:

-CAD designed
-CNC Machined
-TIG Welded
-Powder Coated - TGIC Exterior (Silver Metallic)
-Made in USA

We designed these braces to be fully functional in conjunction with our current & upcoming suspension products:

1. Subtle Fender Braces
2. Subtle Umbrella Brace <-- Coming Soon
3. Subtle Rear Strut Bar <-- Coming Soon
4. Subtle Rear Diff Support <-- Coming Soon
5. Subtle Floor Brace <-- Coming Soon
6. Subtle Roof Headliner Brace <-- Still TBD

What's included in the package?

-(1) Trunk Brace
-SUBTLE STICKERS!

Other Information:

-The trunk brace was designed to stiffen up your chassis and help reduce vehicle body flex. The reduction of chassis flex and increased rigidity of your car during aggressive cornering is very important.
-You will re-use the (4) hex nuts located in the rear of hatch.

MSRP = $124.99

***FREE SHIPPING on all of our products for customers who live within the Lower 48 States. If you live outside of this region and you would like a shipping quote, please contact us at: [email protected]. Please be sure to include your shipping address and the products you are interested in purchasing within the email.

Please visit our website for further information and ordering instructions.

Thank You and we look forward to your business!

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
Could you guys just make a better (or best) strut tower brace. One like the mo_boost version, but with the horizontal support at the bottom of the strut towers and diagonals going from the strut tops to the center of the support? Would make for a well braced hatch without intruding so much on interior space. The one in your image I feel would get in the way of larger spare tires (I know the plastic kick plate on mine pops off whenever I pull out the spare).

I wish there was some way to cross brace the hatch (tied in at roof level rather than just strut top level) without completely removing all ability to put things back there.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT '06 STi 6MT
707 Posts
ok i know this is an s13, but maybe you could do something similar with a rear strut bar tied into the lower floor bar? an all in one?

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT '06 STi 6MT
707 Posts
I just realized that this piece goes along the rear of the car right under the the rear door. At first I thought it was near the rear strut bar.
oh you mean the beatrush rear floor bar like "sqc001" has:

see what you should do is make a dual bar just like the pic, but have it cross braced into an "X" like the one i posted earlier in the rear hatch of the s13.

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,365 Posts
Bump for 3 quick questions:

1) Estimate time of availability?

2) Will there be a group buy?

3) You mentioned a while back (IIRC) the possibility of producing a brace @ the umbrella compartment. Is that going to happen?

·
Registered
2005 Sequoia, V70R auto
2,885 Posts
So, what specifically is this bracing? Or in other words, what movement is being prevented using this brace?

·
Banned
2007 XT Sports Manual
6,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bump for 3 quick questions:

1) Estimate time of availability?

2) Will there be a group buy?

3) You mentioned a while back (IIRC) the possibility of producing a brace @ the umbrella compartment. Is that going to happen?
Answers,

1. Mid/Early July 2010

2. Still deciding. Group Buys are a lot of work and people on here tend to flake out the last minute.

3. Still on our "to-do" list, so eventually we will. Just don't have an exact time yet.

I can try and post up a CAD rendering, but I would rather hold off til the real part is done.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts