Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Sure. I'll try to do it tomorrow. I take it you want to hear the sound of the exhaust? Anything else you want to hear or see? Let me know.

I will try to take it for a spin too. Sounds cool ripping down the street.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Oh BTW, the exhaust mod was cheap. $150 for new mufflers, $50 for tips and $65 for install. That is a pretty inexpenisve upgrade that will bring lots of pleasure and performance sound.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yep, I'd love to hear the exhaust. In car, and out, with some revving and some good WOT runs since I'm making requests ;)

·
Registered
looking to buy
12 Posts
Seeker, the LEDs were an aftermarket add-on. I will get you the wire color and location tomorrow. I spliced at the back side of the fuse panel. I spliced into the Illumination wire. These LEDs will only light up when the headlamps are turned on. They light up when the radio and dash cluster lights up.

Seeker, as for lights, I have them properly aimed and had not had anyone flash me to date, going on two weeks. The Lo beam lamps are in a proper fixture that directs the light backward, and reflects foward. The Hi beams do not have the director. So, the lamp is exposed. I'm not sure what the stock HID units look like. However, I am curious. I'll try to explore it.
Scott,

thanks in advance - the LED sure beats the factory version listed somewhere else on this forum

·
Registered
2010 Forester X 2.5 Auto
92 Posts
Hambo, the maker of the chipset claims that it does not void the warranty. However, I will likely remove the device when getting service work, just in case. They also claim that no traces are left in the on board computer unlike other resistor chipsets. So, I feel confident that all will be well.

I also talked to the exhaust shop gus about the intake and exhaust mods and they said these do not affect warranty as long as mods are made to exhaust after the cats and the intake system does not alter the Mass Air sensor. So, all should be good with this car. I'll ask the dealer next time i go in.
Most interesting! It would be great to have another 15hp which would make 183hp? We work with kw here (yuk!).

·
Registered
2009 Forester FXT
87 Posts
HID's are the best thing you can have in my opinion, especially when you drive an hour on dark country roads in the winter. The problem is, they have to be properly done in HID housings and properly aimed, with proper color bulbs (4300k). The reflectors in USDM Foresters are NOT designed for HID bulbs, bottom line.

Anything else is illegal, as far as I know. Annoying as well to every other person on the road.
Before you get to far up on your high horse, the 09 foresters use the same housing and reflector between the HID version and the Halogen version. The part numbers are different because the HID part number comes with the ballast attached. I am not even going to get into arguing color temps, but when I put my 4500k kit in my 09, the beam pattern is actually tighter than with the factory halogen bulbs.

Russ

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,294 Posts
Get a room guys, specifically the HID discussion thread because this is a MEMBER JOURNAL page. lol

nice mods man. i still haven't gotten around to doing any power mods.. doesn't seem worth it to me but who knows.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Raider, I do want the badge on there. I have not explored it too much yet, but will enhance appearance.

Neoshi, not sure if performance mods are for you either, but you can check out th evideo. I'll post it as soon as its done loading.

I can tell you that the throttle response now is much improved over stock. The difference observed now is greater than the difference you will notice with switching between stock Drive and Stock Sport modes. That should help people appreciate the performance aspect.

In fact, my previous vehicle was a V6 Land Rover Freelander. Subio's 4cyl has more acceleration power than the Rover.

Orellius, I appreciate you voicing your opinons. Yes, I bought the 10k lamps for color preference over intensity. I am moving on with this thread. You are welcome to open your own thread to continue the discussion if you choose.

The second to last part arrived today: Carbon Fiber dash panel kit. I'm gonna work on it tonight. Still awaitng arrival of CF hand brake. I may buy the CF pillar panels to complete the CF effect.

I wish someone out there would make a CF spoiler. That would be wicked!!!

Cheers,
Scott

·
Registered
2009 Forester
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Okay, here is a 4 minute video clip. Sneek preview of engine and exhaust. Then Subio is cranked up and we took a spin around the block with several WOT accelerations. Looks great, sounds great, much faster acceleration compared to stock 2.5 N/A moror. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6a4U0bSrz8

·
Registered
2009 Forester
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
You can get a bigger video clip if you go right to You Tube and search for "Subio Performance Sound"

Here are a couple more photos comparing stock grill to CF grill in daylight.

OEM Grill

Carbon Fiber Grill

Some other photos:

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,934 Posts
OMG I'm calling 911!! You were speeding! Haha nice setup. It really makes a difference =]

What year / model of Foresters got the new dash like that? It's really sleek and sexyyyy.

·
Registered
2010 Forester X 2.5 Auto
92 Posts
Can you get someone to video you driving past (accelerating, stopping etc) with a full battery this time!

I'd like to hear the exhaust and see the car in the light.

·
Registered
2010 Forester X 2.5 Auto
92 Posts
Oh also, can you get some pictures of the interior?

For some reason Australia doesn't like the grey cloth interior and there are none in the country so I have to wait 3 months for a special order.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Hambo, that video request will take me awhile to complete. I am leaving out of town for business tomorrow.

I can get some interior shots.

Snoshado, thanks for the compliments. I like it. I read the Intake thread and will likely go back to a hybrid design on the intake.

Maximuspro, will do. Your English is good, don't doubt yourself. Getting the point across is more important than being too afraid to try and communicate.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
With regards to your video, did you run over the cat when you pulled out or just give it a heart attack when you started your Foz??? LOL
OMG, I freaked out when I saw the video. I had no idea Proximo was strolling around the car. He probably ran away like crazy when the car started. But, hey, did youi see that cat. . . he could use the exercise. :icon_biggrin:

21 - 40 of 292 Posts