Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Forester 2.5X 4EAT
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visiting my daughter in Cheyenne WY. I'm amazed to see all the Subs amongst the big pickups. Same in northern Colorado! Fozzy's are as prevalent as OB's!! Makes me feel like I'm back home in New England :)

·
Registered
2002 ES300
4,412 Posts
Washington, Oregon, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, WNC, and New England are basically Subie Lands.

Mention of Wyoming makes me want to move back.

·
Registered
05MY Second SG6 4EAT > JDM 5MT
5,684 Posts
i travel around the country for work. i think salt lake city had to have the most subarus i've ever seen so far. at least three out of five were subarus, and almost every one had roof racks of some sort.

(AutoGuide App sucks.)

·
Registered
2014 Impreza CVT
74 Posts
There are four Forester's on my street, my street is about eight houses long. Colorado has a lot indeed.

·
Registered
2002 WRX Sedan 5MT
592 Posts
Here in Oregon, I was driving down the road with my friend and I was jokingly talking about what car I would get if I sold my SF, I pointed to an SG forester xt, and said, Maybe that one, or... one of those three... or... hmm. Maybe one of those two over there. Thirteen Subaru foresters in less than a mile. Welcome to the horde I suppose :p

·
Registered
1999 Forester 5MT
856 Posts
I had the same shock when we moved from Louisiana to DC. I was used to being the only 08+ STI around, and my wife had the only 08+ Impreza we had seen. Now we just blend in, lol. There's so many it made finding our 1999 Forester beater easy. They're everywhere here.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i 6 sp
11 Posts
^^ Hey Sabre, I'm in New Orleans, and there are more and more new Subarus in my neighborhood all the time. At first I thought they were the cars of transplants from other parts of the country (lot of that going on in my area) but no! I've been chatting them up and they are mostly local folks who are moving back into the city proper.

And we're 50/50 mt/at. A big reason several of us bought Subaru was for the mt that no longer exists in other CUVs of this class.

·
Registered
1999 Forester 5MT
856 Posts
^^ Hey Sabre, I'm in New Orleans, and there are more and more new Subarus in my neighborhood all the time. At first I thought they were the cars of transplants from other parts of the country (lot of that going on in my area) but no! I've been chatting them up and they are mostly local folks who are moving back into the city proper.

And we're 50/50 mt/at. A big reason several of us bought Subaru was for the mt that no longer exists in other CUVs of this class.
I was stationed in Shreveport, so it was a bit of a different type of people. Plus, the nearest dealership was nearly three hours away (almost to Dallas).

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
801 Posts
Lots of em in the Bay Area Cali. Hippies love em! :)

But seriously, seeing lots of Subarus in Norcal and more in the rural and hilly areas.

·
Registered
1999 Forester Manual
25 Posts
Come to Montana and see how many subies there are. Mountains and lots of snow equals tons of subarus.

·
Registered
2014 Subaru CVT
88 Posts
Last weekend at the trailhead, it was 75% Subarus, most loaded with 3-4 people each.

I've been looking for '14's, since I have one on order. They aren't so numerous and are hard to distinguish. I look for the difference in the wheel wells. And I've been looking for '14 XT's and finally saw one, towing a small camper trailer even. The ones I see are typically 2.5i Premiums (no spoiler), even though I get the impression everyone on this board drives XT's, talks about XT's, etc. I would expect to see more XT's.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,432 Posts
I'm surprised at how many '14's I've been seeing around here already. We have lots and lots of the older Foresters running around, but the new models are catching on quick! The other day I parked next to a silver '14 at the grocery store, then ended up next to another silver one at our CSA farm, and one of our neighbors across the street recently bought one in that burnished bronze color.

·
Registered
1999 Forester S 5 speed
127 Posts
SO many where I live in Taos, NM. Subarus probably make up at least 25% of all cars on the road here, lol.

·
Premium Member
2014 XT Premium CVT
191 Posts
Wisconsin is prime Subaru country as well, especially here in the Madison area. However, I've only seen a handful of XTs, and only one other '14 FXT. In comparison, Subarus are much less popular in central Illinois, my other home.

·
Registered
05MY Second SG6 4EAT > JDM 5MT
5,684 Posts
Here in Oregon, I was driving down the road with my friend and I was jokingly talking about what car I would get if I sold my SF, I pointed to an SG forester xt, and said, Maybe that one, or... one of those three... or... hmm. Maybe one of those two over there. Thirteen Subaru foresters in less than a mile. Welcome to the horde I suppose :p
^
i did notice a number in and around portland area.

There are four Forester's on my street, my street is about eight houses long. Colorado has a lot indeed.
^
i expect to have some sites in the colorado and utah area. i hope to visit denver.

There's a few Fozzies rolling down in southern AZ, but way more prevalent up by Flagstaff, Sedona area.
^
i was just in show low last week. didn't notice too many. saw mostly trucks in that area.

But seriously, seeing lots of Subarus in Norcal and more in the rural and hilly areas.
^
i did notice a lot of subarus around roseville/folsom area.

Wisconsin is prime Subaru country as well, especially here in the Madison area. However, I've only seen a handful of XTs, and only one other '14 FXT. In comparison, Subarus are much less popular in central Illinois, my other home.
^
i didn't get to see much around wausau area. i did see some on my way to 'house on the rock'.

(AutoGuide App sucks.)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts