Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Too early to commit for some.....I know.

Get your car ready NOW so we don't have any
e-x-c-u-s-e-s!!!:Banane28:

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well as usual i will be there. somehow i make these things but smaller meets i cant make lol
I know you will be there... in the forester pit crew of course. :Banane08:

I am more concerned about the "prepped" locals that need to get their rookie card. Best chance to pick-n-choose 2 classes that are 100% subaru friendly....unless you have a cage+wing+ skilllz

Even though October is 5 months away...commitment is always a tough topic.:tissue::tissue::crazy:

Nor-Cal-SF people...help support team for LIC? Share a rented garage on site..
or throw a popup in the lot with us...Hotels and gentlemans clubs are all desert accessable.
PM me for questions on hospitality., or general concerns.. or the fine area of rosemond & how to get there. :Banane28:

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$150 to drive in beginner class...Chance of a lifetime to get on the track.
Also stock class is tempting ....:shrug:

You have brake pads, and helmet...if not, might set you back another hunny....

Save dem nickels if you are financially challenged...you have 5 months.

Eat more juevos if you are hesitant to do 100mph.:Banane36:

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,734 Posts
I would be down for Laguna Seca.....but not Willow Springs.....not enough elevation change to satisfy my lust for the corkscrew.

*that came out wrong, sorry*

EDIT: Not to mention, they'll probably not like that fact that I would be in the dirt more than on pavement.

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree..LS is a dream to drive on..but 4-5 hrs closer and half the price should be enticing enough to come to this years event...also doesn't seca have a db limit?... some of the cars running unlimited wouldn't be allowed.

Even thought this is a big hp course, there are elevation changes and straights that are fast with plenty of room for passing.
Like I said...few groups available to earn rookie card, or enjoy your car & G01NgS [email protected]$T in a stock turbo class or beginner class...

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Howz ya'll doing...cough s0-cal cough....?

Lets start the excuses early...sparing us from suprises.

·
Forum Member
2004 FXT
952 Posts
I may show up just to stare at subarus and watch. I read your report from the last one, with peoples engines catching on fire, etc.

It's way to fawkin' hot down there in October to do anything but lounge around w/ beer and shorts on.

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If it was on the other coast, I'd probably try to make it out... so until there is an East Coast version or I move to the West Coast, I won't be there :frown:
Ya'll left coasters are a bit more dedicated to using your car to its purpose...where most left coasters use their car for DD, and are scared that going off the track will "destroy" their car more than the fwy already does.

I may show up just to stare at subarus and watch. I read your report from the last one, with peoples engines catching on fire, etc.

It's way to fawkin' hot down there in October to do anything but lounge around w/ beer and shorts on.
Truss me...2yrs ago was miserable @ 114 degrees trackside. I went off harshly do to hot ATF fluids splitting a hose....took last year off and the conditions were perfect in October.

They pushed back the date a month or two b/c of the heat, and last year was fun for swilling man sodas for so long, but I wanted to run. I will be back on it this year...just haven't decided which class....it would be rad if you joined. I have a feeling after 3yrs into it, we will have somewhat a plan.

So far I am guessing participation list consist of Me & Tussen...would be rad for a 3rd foz. Chris and his monster snail would put us in beginner $150 vs $250 class...which is fine with me....yet I would love to give a run in the vf class.:discomonkey::discomonkey:

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT '06 STi 6MT
707 Posts
just getting my foot in the door on this one, nothing serious yet obviously.

preacher do you have any idea when registration closes for the event, if at all? i would thoroughly enjoy a late fall vacation from school for a journey down south for this. however at this time i really can't be serious until late aug/early september due to life/time scheduling heh.

i would definitely fill the $150 class prerequisite lol.

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is normally a crew of nwic crew that comes to chill...even though it is deep drive.
I will keep you posted on some nwic that will be coming...unfortunately after 3 yrs. they might be flying .. and cant risk 450 hp as the years progress.

I would guess registration is open till last minute....it is a big track and long day....you will get your $$$worth, and I don't forsee it being fully booked.
BTW, this would be my second day on the course.....and a first for many in our class..

tires, fluids and brakes in solid condition...you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,017 Posts
Ya'll left coasters are a bit more dedicated to using your car to its purpose...where most left coasters use their car for DD, and are scared that going off the track will "destroy" their car more than the fwy already does.
Being Canadian... my car is already toast underneath :lol:
I have no issues tracking my car.

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Get those cars ready...3 months till event.

This is a GREAT chance to run this track with subaru's only!!! There will be first timers, vendors, and everything in between.

Giddy up!!!

2007 XT Sports Manual
6,407 Posts
No go for me this year. I'll be in Playa del Carmen vacationing w/ the fam.

Keep an eye out for the tshirts and banners with our logos. We have been invited to help sponsor the event and raffle of our products!

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No go for me this year. I'll be in Playa del Carmen vacationing w/ the fam.

Keep an eye out for the tshirts and banners with our logos. We have been invited to help sponsor the event and raffle of our products!
You be missed...:confused: BUT...gives me a chance to win "best forester" now...haha

You going to have a large subtle decal/sticker for me to represent?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts