Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Not Currently searching
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I’m new to Subaru’s. So new I don’t have one yet. So let me introduce myself and tell you all why I’m looking into the forester line. My wife and I are currently living in Jamaica and volunteer in the deaf community here. Most of the roads where we live are more like 4x4 trails (think BLM soft roaring not rubicon), so we need something with more traction.

Subaru was not even on the radar till I borrowed a friend’s 05 cross sports. I am impressed by the drivability of this little beast. It takes us where we need to go and from preliminary research, it appears that the Subaru AWD system is better than other small suv’s Around these parts. The other thing I like is it’s size. We need a compact vehicle here because most roads are also quite narrow, so it seems to fit our needs.

Aaaand to be perfectly honest I am a gear head. I’m normally a VW nut. Back home my little go-fast car is a nicely modded TDI. I currently have my eye on a 07 cross-sports. It was a direct import from Japan so I guess it’s a JDM version.

I have lots of questions and am not sure where to ask them, so I’ll let the subaru-guru’s guide me.

Cheers :thumbsup:
Spideypop

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome aboard! You’ll have no regrets once you make your purchase. It’s crazy how awesome these vehicles are. I managed to get my 06 forester “stuck” in about 3ft of snow (from some heavily playful driving) and was able to get myself out without any help and about 2 minutes of maneuvering. I’ve never been more impressed with a vehicle before.

Good luck on your journey to a new purchase!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts