Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
02 Forester slushbox
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.... just joined and already the site as helped me solve a minor issue with the wife's new-to-her '02 Forrester (clock back light).

I have owned a bunch of odd cars in my time. When all my friends had 68/69 Lemans/GTO's, I was the odd duck with '72...when everyone else was building Fox Mustangs, I had the 460 LTD-II.... I also owed 7 Sirocco's a GTi and a Golf in one year because people kept giving me stacks of 100's for them.

My last project was a 1990 Miata with a '99 LS-1 stuffed into it. "Nadine" took me from Ohio to Maine in 8 days as part of a Rally to find missing kids. The car was featured in the Feb '14 issue of Car Craft just before I sold it.

My next ride is Miata based also..an Exocet. It will be LS-1 powered with a t-56 trans and a CTSV rear diff, oh and a supercharger!

Once it is done I am going to build the Factory Five 858.... THAT one will be Subie based!

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,014 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Niagara Falls! :bacon:
I hope you end up using the rear diff out of the second-gen CTSV, I know the first-gen had a problematic unit that barely handled the stock power levels of the LS-engine.

·
Registered
02 Forester slushbox
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The first Gens had an issue with the front seal. Once it leaked if folks didn't keep an eye on the fluid they would blow. What diff wouldn't? Mine is getting new seals and Royal Purple before going in. Also installing an aluminum front bushing and Delran mounts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts