Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Subaru Forester limited w/Navi,
I think Subie/Kenwood dropped the ball on the Navigation Audio and I need some help with a partial upgrade. I want to install my own subwoofer/amp under the seat.
Comment1;
The Navi Audio system has surround sound setup 5.1 audio, Which normally would have a center channel speaker and a subwoofer along with 4 standard speaker chanels. The head unit (HU) has touchscreen controls for the center channel and the subwoofer. This "premium" system has no center channel speaker or subwoofer!!!
When you put it in the surround sound mode on a DVD you dont hear any center channel audio (Vocals) and there is no base from the missing subwoofer!!!
Questions;
1. Whats up with that??? I want this system to play as intended.
2. How do I add a center channel speaker and where do I connect it?
3. How do I add a subwoofer that is controlable by the HU and where do I connect that? (I have a sub box and amp that will fit under the seats, I Dont want the OEM sub box it looks lousy and over priced.)
4. Can someone please post me the Schematic Wiring Diagram pdf for the 2009 Navi HU with pinouts?
5. Where do I find the post for wiring connections to bypass the HU screen "blackout"?
6. I have done some searching and found that there is a 14 pin and 24 pin connector on this unit that have some audio connections. It looks like if I connect the sub at high level to the 14 pin speaker connection it may play but I wont have the sub audio control from the HU, is that right?
7. The 24 pin connector on another post here shows pinouts for the sub control but my HU wire harness has no wires or metal connectors in those spots. Where do I get the correct female metal connectors for this wire harness plug and where do I get the part numbers? I couldnt find any after market "T's" for this 24 pin connector either.

Thank you for your help in advance!

·
Registered
2009 Forester
21 Posts
Bookmark this page:

//forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=749402

It has all the information you need to do what you want. The factory Nav has a mono subwoofer output that you can tap into, but you need to create the cable or have someone do it for you. I am actually planning on doing what you are thinking of and I had the cables made by this guy:

//ae64.com/Ordering.htm

He created an rca cable that I can drop into my Nav harness and run an RCA cable to my amp. This sub output I assume will be controllable by the nav, but I haven't done the install yet. If you check out the Nav conversion cable he makes, it gives you an idea of what your harness will look like.

//img684.imageshack.us/img684/4096/navitransplantharness.jpg

Also, if you order from him, he will help you figure out what you need. I suggest you look through the thread I linked up top though first.

Sorry for the missing "http:" in the links above, but I'm not allowed to post urls yet :icon_confused:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts