Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I initially thought i wouldn't be a mod freak but I am addicted! I have done a few things here and there and when the time and funds permit, away I will go :biggrin:
Now it's a mod war between my 07 and my 09(wife's)

Went from this...

to this in July of 2008...

Now this

2007 Garnet Red Pearl Premium

5% rear tint
50% front tint
09 compass/auto dim mirror
Hidden hitch installed
Plastidipped rear silver gate garnish black
DIY carpet covers
Black weathertech floor liners
Oe alarm shock sensor
Oe rear bumper protector
Oe cargo mat
Crosssports grill
Sports taillights
DIY sport headlights
Debadged tailgate
Jdm "f" on tailgate
XT seat covers swapped in
Latheworks shift knob
Swift springs
Paranoid Fab 1/4" rear spacers (not installed)
Sti RSB
Sti catback with KB hangers
Rally Armor mudflaps with red logo's
JVC headunit KD-R530
Disabled drl's

07 WRX 17 rims, painted black 215/55/17 Cooper RS3-A's
Stock 07 premium rims 215/60/16 hankook ipikes .

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
10/2008

Tinted windows are a must but never bothered with a civic due to the crazy attention it would draw. This however, despite the crappy pic looked good. Tint done by Mr. Kustoms on Irving Park Rd in Chicago, referred by a friend but that referral will not be passed on due to some bubbling and last minute price change.

5%

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
March 09
Bought auto dimming compass mirror from 09hotxt, smooth transaction and works great!

May 09, I ordered a new Forester badge, painted it black and stuck it back on its factory location

While I was at it, I ordered sport tails from Ben at Hodges and got them in 2 days! Awesome guy.

June 09

Bought a used hitch from a Wisconsin neighbor, never installed it until fall but worked great as I towed snowmobiles and a boat. Despite traffic heading north, I like drives up nort anyways

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
July 09

After a light rain, my niece jumps in the car and I had mud all over which ultimately prompted me to fab my own awesome floor mats. Idea was to keep this thing as clean as possible.

I also ordered a OEM shock sensor and installed it. Took it in to have it activated and set. I would probably want it just a bit more sensitive.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
10/09

Turn onto a street, 2 lanes each direction. Not many cars, right lane clear so I go. As soon as i turn, someone switched lanes in the middle of the intersection and bam! Spoke in spanish so I wouldnt understand. Created a unique story for thier insurance co. O well. I still havent fixed it because it's just an eyesore, not broken. Why get a new bumper and freshly paint it for these crazy city street parkers to mess it up again :icon_rolleyes:

Cleaned up the bumper and got rid of most paint transfer and any scratch's possible. It looks ok now. While I was at is, I plastidipped the rear gate bar.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank god for the hitch. The bumper has a bunch of cracked and peeling paint. I think the actual bumper is pushed in a bit b/c the bumper cover is all offset. The guys bumper mount was completely bent down so he smacked me pretty good. Nothing too serious by still. I think I won this battle, for the most part.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got the bumper replaced compliments of the other drivers insurance co. My rally armor flaps have a loose bolt...bumper protecter isn't seared right bit those are things I can correct. The bumper however is misalligned. It's just not completely even and has slightly uneven gaps. Enough for me to notice, maybe others if they get close.

My prodrive a/b will soon be installed. Going to get the rear brakes done today.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rear brakes were installed, thermoquiets work well for me. While pushing the piston back in or somehow i cracked the neck of the brakeline by the banjo bolt. Dealer part only, $50 and will take a week to order. Since i cant wait a week til I get my car back...

08 WRX STI stainless steel brakelines from P&L Motorsports

1 - 20 of 197 Posts
About this Discussion
196 Replies
17 Participants
Subiciv
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing