Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
161 - 180 of 180 Posts

· Registered
2007 Forester Premium
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Just did the h9 headlight conversion and reaimed the headlight and fog lights. They have always been too low after swapping the suspension so took care of it all together. While overcast, I can still tell these are diniteively brighter than h11. I'm happy. I will also be swapping the hi's and fogs to 9011 but can't find em locally. Ill order them. For now, ill have to wait on road test as I also have to replace the front brakes ASAP.

· Registered
2007 Forester Premium
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 · (Edited)
So I heard the wear indicators for the brakes and thought they were from the front. Check them, NOPE! So being baffled, I discover the driver rear indicator is making noise and check that one...

The rears were changed in June so I was confused. I check the sliders and they don't feel the same. Local parts store tells me they don't carry forester pads?!? I said screw it, I'll leave it for another day. Ill take everything apart and clean and lube it when I decide to tackle it.

While I had time to play, I switched out the rokblox flaps for my new rally armor flaps. I like it a whole lot better.

· Registered
2007 Forester Premium
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Today I tackled those stuck slider pins on the calipers and changed the pads. I completely dismantled and cleaned them. When I took off the rubber boots and pulled the piston out, out came brownish sludge. Nice... Cleaned, lubed and reinstalled. Hope all goes well.

· Registered
2007 Forester Premium
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 · (Edited)
So yesterday went a bit like this...
Me: hey babe, it's warm and before the polar vortex hits tomorrow I'm going to install the grille.
Babe: ok, how long will you be?
Me: not too long, it's apparently an easy install.
Babe: k

4 or 5 hours later...

1) Installed grill and rotated/hid horn
2) installed forester developers license plate bracket adapter
3) installed bumpshox bumper guard
4) plastidipped the fog light surround with white and then the pearlizer

So much for a quick trip to the garage.

· Registered
2007 Forester Premium
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Got this done just in time. Shop had an issue installing and I found this out after I got there to pick up the car. Owner says he would deliver it to me later in the day so I wouldn't have to drive back. Awesome.

· Registered
2007 Forester Premium
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
A year old update, not much has changed with the cars, just life. I painted the side skirts the same way I did the front and love it. My wife's foz also drove us to OBX, NC and back without issue. Got great gas mileage cruising but leaked a bit of oil. Loaded down for a weeks stay plus our lab/pit and her stuff wasn't an issue on the lowered suspension. I intended to swap the oe setup back on so I could drive the beaches but never got to it.

· Registered
2007 Forester Premium
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
nice man. good to see her still kicking butt.
Thanks. I didn't realize how much I missed the forum til I signed on. It's more detailed and organized than the fb group but fb is sometimes just more convenient. I was doing some research while deciding my lift options for the 07. I'll keep this one low and slow and the 07 for my rugged work. Ice fishing season is getting closer here in Illinois and I take many back roads to my spots. Lifting it would help with a beefier spring.

161 - 180 of 180 Posts