Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
41 - 60 of 180 Posts

· Registered
2007 Forester Premium
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
So the plan was to start putting the spacers in at 2 and be done by 3-330 and get an alignment by 4. Once I get the one side off I realize the bolts that were supplied and said to work, dont. Now I have to put it back together and go to the hardware store to buy bolts that do. I finally find one open past 3 on a Sunday and get them. The oe tophat bolts were beaten to death and finally popped out. Only one side done! My 30 break from working alone in the cold is over. Back to finish the drivers side.

· Registered
2007 Forester Premium
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Stock geos are horrible!!! I knew this from mine but these seem even worse than from what I recall. We got a bit of snow and iced the sidestreets. Touch the gas and spin, barely tap the brakes and slide. I drove mine with hankook ventus' on same roads an hour later and performed much better. Winter rims will be slapped on tomorrow. Also getting the alignment done.

· Registered
2007 Forester Premium
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Alignment done and winter wheels have been on for a week. Now there isn't any snow but it does look good. Got her washed yesterday and I also added a small panda toy hanging from the hitch. :biggrin: Hopefully I can find time for pictures.

· Registered
2017 FXT CVT :(
1,114 Posts
I agree. Lol I can't wait til I can get it. Maybe tax return season or just some OT. This forum is what gets me in trouble with the mod police. :icon_razz:
i agree this forum gets me in trouble to. When i first got the car i figured i wouldnt be doing much to it at all. now i have tints, new radio, subwoofer, tweeters, fog lights, leds in map and dome light, leds in license plate light, led in parking lights, and a strip light in bumper (pictured below), front underspoiler, mud flaps, and now im craving for exhaust, side skirts and rear bumper, and to lower it, and maybe more.

· Registered
2007 Forester Premium
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Nice mod list so far. It's my wife's car so getting the time to steal it and work on it is tough. She didn't even know I bought the suspension. I stole it one day and ta-da! She was a bit uneasy on the cost but now loves the performance. She will get a new radio, grill(although im actually digging the plastidip look) and spoiler. No exhaust as she likes it quiet. I however want UEL header on mine.

· Registered
2007 Forester Premium
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I took the panda on an ice fishing trip today since it has the snow tires on it and we were expecting a messy ice storm. Everything loaded in fine but was expecting more space in the SH compared to my SG. Didn't seem like it but the true test is yet to come. I pulled my back on the ice (tweaked an old injury) and left the gear in the car. Hopefully it doesn't smell fishy.

· Registered
2007 Forester Premium
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
nice picture. i like your red forester in the back
Thanks. I snap a pic anytime I can get em together in a shot. I'd like to do a decent shoot but my wife isn't in to it. She just likes to drive it and drives it like she should. Especially since tossing the stock suspension. Mod police approved.

41 - 60 of 180 Posts