Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

· Registered
2001 forester
86 Posts

· Registered
2003 Forester
9 Posts
Just called ScorpionSubaru, they do not have lift kits for year 03 or later Forester.
They only have kits for 2.0 models.
Still waiting for email replies from Hi-Rise and Backyard Boys.

· Registered
2003 Forester
9 Posts
G'day all,

No email replies yet. I cannot wait any longer. ;-)
Went to a local tyre place and spoke to the owner(I think) about lifting.
He checked his records and he has lifted a Forester for a client that went around Oz.
He will install 4 Pedders springs and advised the rear struts will need to be replaced with KYB and also a wheel alignment.
I asked him about the tyre Yokohama Geolander All Terrain +II 21565R16 and he said they are not rugged enough. He recommended Bridgestone D693 215/65/R16 D693.
I have booked it in 2 weeks, 40mm spring lift and 4 x d693 for A$1700. I welcome any comments/suggestions. Has anyone used the D693 tyres before? I can still change them if I want to.

Thanks,
Kee

· Registered
2003 Forester
9 Posts
What about the Geo A/T-S? I believe they replace the Geo AT +IIs.
Thanks Dale, I will check the Geo A/T-S too. Both the Geo A/T-S and D693 look similar. :icon_question:

I still have my original Yoko tyres after 75,000km. Maybe I will try another tyre company and give the D693 a go.

Cheers.

· Registered
2001 forester
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have booked it in 2 weeks, 40mm spring lift and 4 x d693 for A$1700. I welcome any comments/suggestions. Has anyone used the D693 tyres before? I can still change them if I want to.

you getting any lift from the rear strust?????
do u know anyway of doing it cheaper coz i aint got that much money

· Registered
2003 Forester
9 Posts
you getting any lift from the rear strust?????
do u know anyway of doing it cheaper coz i aint got that much money
I hope so, he told me 40mm lift and it better be for all of them. :icon_biggrin:
That price includes 4 new tyres. The spring lifts and alignment cost me around A$900 and I think it's quite good, considering I am not good working with cars.
If you can put the springs and the rear struts in yourself, I am sure you will save a bit.
I actually wanted strut lifts when I started this 'research' but I haven't heard from 2 of my emails(See posts from last page). The scorpion strut lift kit is not available for 2003 model and costs $825. This doesn't include fitting and alignment. So the price quoted to me is good and I don't get my hands dirty. :biggrin:
The spring lift is the only way I know to lift the Forester at this time. :icon_rolleyes:
Cheers.

· Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,040 Posts
I have emailed HiRise multiple times over the last 3 weeks or so and havent had a reply yet
VERY SHADY SHOP! They screwed me out of $600 USD. I still haven't heard a response from them. I filed a legal complaint, but still have not heard anything.

Dave Blandford is a theif.

· Registered
2003 Forester
9 Posts
VERY SHADY SHOP! They screwed me out of $600 USD. I still haven't heard a response from them. I filed a legal complaint, but still have not heard anything.

Dave Blandford is a theif.
Thanks for letting us know and I am sorry for your misfortune. :icon_frown:
I always try to deal locally whenever I can. Less hassles when something goes wrong.

· Registered
2003 Forester
9 Posts
Reply from AUSubaru

Hi all, I got an email reply from AUSubaru.
Price for a 3" strut lift (MY03) is A$650 plus delivery of A$60 to Melbourne.
Cheers.

· Registered
2001 forester
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I hope so, he told me 40mm lift and it better be for all of them.
That price includes 4 new tyres. The spring lifts and alignment cost me around A$900 and I think it's quite good, considering I am not good working with cars.
If you can put the springs and the rear struts in yourself, I am sure you will save a bit.
I actually wanted strut lifts when I started this 'research' but I haven't heard from 2 of my emails(See posts from last page). The scorpion strut lift kit is not available for 2003 model and costs $825. This doesn't include fitting and alignment. So the price quoted to me is good and I don't get my hands dirty.
The spring lift is the only way I know to lift the Forester at this time.
Cheers.

geez that is good if it includes tires ay.
when u get to done could u take a fe pics and put em' up????

· Registered
2004 Forester XS MY05
62 Posts
Hi all, I got an email reply from AUSubaru.
Price for a 3" strut lift (MY03) is A$650 plus delivery of A$60 to Melbourne.
Cheers.
Yep, they got back to me a couple of days ago with the same price too.

I read on another forum that Dave from Hi-Rise has stopped doing lift kits- apparently the info on the Hi-Rise site is old and sorely in need of an update.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts