Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Forester
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm assuming they use the original VW transmission, but is it possible to make a Subaru transmission run backwards?

·
aka DMax in Alaska
'06 Mini Cooper S JCW 6MT
786 Posts
oo nice, it has an H6 out of an svx. Bet that things pretty fun.
My son was contemplating an STi swap on his Forester until he saw that video, now he says he is going EG33.

They sound sweet!

·
Registered
1985 GL SE Wagon 4WD
141 Posts
Volkswagen : Bus/Vanagon : eBay Motors (item 180456735307 end time Jan-21-10 18:42:24 PST)

Um...I want! Apparently this is a conversion you can do...so says google.
Either way, very sweet, regardless of what you VW haters say! And Skol Vikings!!!

Or one with a WRX engine in it!
"so says google" he said. Buddy says that it has been done. check out ultimatesubaru.org nd there is a member there that HAS done it. pretty interesting. just go to the vanagon forum and search or just browse around :icon_biggrin:

Cheers

Buddy :Banane35:

·
Registered
:(
471 Posts
The subie swap is very popular with the Vanagon/Westy crowd. Now the Syncro with the SVX engine would be sweet! I had an 81 Vanagon pop-top, last year of air-cooled, and it was ....s......o...o............. s........l......o........w......

I got passed EVERYWHERE I went in that thing...lol But the trade off was a full kitchen and sleeping for two. It was coolest and most recreational vehicle I'll probably ever own. Not to mention they retain their value like crazy.

·
Registered
94 Posts
What else can you squeeze a subaru motor into? I saw a gyro plane with a subaru motor. It sounded pretty cool.

·
Registered
2013 BRZ 6speed RWD
53 Posts
I have a couple SVXs, two with 6speeds and one of those is boosted, they are a blast. Im on the edge with if i want to swap in an EG33 into my SF5 or not, lot of custom fabing is the issue :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts