Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Impreza WRX 5 speed manual
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here's an expensive lesson. If you ever have an ice storm, move the car away from trees. The bad news: I need a new hood (courtesy of an icy tree branch). The good news: I ONLY need a new hood. The car is still drivable, if a bit less aerodynamic. I also have to figure out how to get my grill back on. I found it lying in front of the car. As far as I can tell, all I need is 2 clips that snapped. Overall, though, I think I was pretty lucky considering there were whole trees falling in the woods every minute or so last night. It's one of those things that I'll never forget....

·
Registered
2009 Forester
1,155 Posts
Thanks for the advice

sorry for your hood

·
Registered
2004 Subaru Forester XT 5 speed manual.
741 Posts
I went through that 10+/- years or so ago here in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
It can be real nasty stuff.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
444 Posts
I just bought some of the grill clips at the dealership I work at, they're only a buck or so a piece, no biggie. Sucks about the hood though.

Although I would probably suggest you just have insurance take care of it (if you weren't thinking that already), as it would fall under your Comprehensive coverage if you have it, which won't raise your rates.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
I went through that 10+/- years or so ago here in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
It can be real nasty stuff.
Yes the Ice Storm of January 1998, with power out for some in Quebec for 33 days, truly devastating. I hope that does not repeat itself for anyone in the Eastern provinces or North Eastern US in my lifetime. Miles upon miles of downed powerline towers. Everyone is truly lucky it was just snow this time.

·
Registered
2016 Outback and WRX CVT
2,551 Posts
I love winter.

The *only* exception to that - ice.

It's a nightmare, all-around.

Glad you escaped relatively unharmed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts