Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 forester
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 subaru forester turing 2.0XT

I downloaded SubaruGen2-Toolbox-inst.exe to get the new maps, etc. I then put it onto a memory stick and plugged it into the computer (downloaded it on my machine which is a linux machine) and tried to run it.
Windows blocked opening that program.
Then we re-downloaded it on the windows machine. Still blocked
We then called the dealer - they said it blocked them too so there was nothing they could do to help us

So, we don't seem able to update the chip for the car (worked fine last year)

Does anybody have an idea what we are supposed to do next?

Thank you.................

·
Registered
2017 forester
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the reply. Yesterday I was coming home from Seattle and saw a Subaru dealership and thought to go in and ask them the question. Their service department was really busy but I asked a salesman. He asked a couple of questions, and went out to my car, asked for my cell phone, and started typing. He did this VERY fast. In about 3 minutes he had Subaru on the line and connected to the phone. Turns out I didn't need an update. I asked him what he would have done if I had needed it. He said he would have installed it right then and there!

Flabbergasted is close to my reaction to that followed by the thought that my local Subaru dealer has, virtually, NO real support. My initial thought, given that everytime I have dealt with them there has been either a problem or, as in this one, nothing. If nothing else this isn't real good for Subaru either. I also, incidentally, wrote to them directly and have never received a reply. From these experiences buying another one is not real likely. Seems to me that I am dealing, basically, with a company that just does not give a damn.

On the other hand I was seriously impressed with the guy who helped me. Its a shame that Subaru cannot, apparently, display the same amount of competence than their hired help.

Now that I known the possibilities I think I can deal with the problem without involving Subaru at all.

Just saying.................

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT
11 Posts
Dont know if you have found a way to install the subarugen2 toolbox. The only way I got it to work was to run the install thru cmd as admin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts