Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 553 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Forester X 4EAT
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought it would be cool to have a map that shows how far SF.org reaches around the world! Google maps has a collaborative map tool.

6/20 Update - Due to some clubwrx and other people trying to hijack our map I have locked it down so only a few people can edit it, always a few that have to take out the fun :icon_frown:

Link to map: SubaruForester.org Visualized - Google Maps
New Instructions:
Option 1: PM an authorized editor your zip code (or just state if you prefer).
Option 2: Post your zip code on the thread and an authorized editor of the map will add you.
Authorized Editors:
silve225
SlaterGS
Duderotomy
If you have specific information that you would want with your marker please include that as well. Name, car information, photo, special marker, etc. I usually add peoples username.

Google now adds new markers on a second page :chair: At the moment the only way around this is to click on "KML" at the top which downloads a file that can be opened in Google Earth.

Privacy: If you are concerned about privacy you do not have to participate. I personally think zip codes and cities won't cause any privacy issues, but if you are concerned, then simply add your state/province/etc.! (It looks like outside the US many postal codes are more specific, so for our international brethren you can keep it to a town and that should help.) I think everyone can participate without privacy concerns!

TIP 1: If you would like to search the map for a member or location, the best way I know of at this point is hitting CTRL+F (CMD+F on Mac) and typing in your search. As list grows it will get harder to scroll through so this will be important and another reason everyone should put their name in their description!

Update 1: After being up for less than 6 hours, we have 36 member locations and 2 meets! Good work everyone, glad to see this is catching on!

Update 2: Almost up for 24 hours and we have 71 member locations, 4 meets, and 2 sponsors!

6/6/2012 Update: 15 Sponsors, 10 meets, and 156 member locations, AWESOME!!

·
Registered
2012 Forester X 4EAT
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Done, but can't see how to add my name.
Sorry for bad directions! I edited original post, hopefully this helps

Having Trouble Adding Name after adding location:
-Go on the left side, then up at the top go to "Edit"
-Then Select your location again on the left side and it should be editable.
Hope that helps!

Edit: I added your screen name for you orienteer, but you can add anything else if you want!

·
Registered
2014 XE CVT
1,332 Posts
Sorry for bad directions! I edited original post, hopefully this helps

Having Trouble Adding Name after adding location:
-Go on the left side, then up at the top go to "Edit"
-Then Select your location again on the left side and it should be editable.
Hope that helps!

Edit: I added your screen name for you orienteer, but you can add anything else if you want!
Thanks!

·
Registered
2012 Forester X 4EAT
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys. It is always fun to see how many people are connected through sites like this.
Looks like the East Coast of the States is awake, but we have one across the pond! I know I saw a new member from Kenya that would be cool to see on here.

1 - 20 of 553 Posts