Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 617 Posts

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE: Hi everyone! I'm sorry that I'm not on the forum much anymore but YES I am still making/selling the SF.org decals. If you have any questions or issues please feel free to contact me here via PM or directly at [email protected]

Not sure if most of you know me but I've been around for a little while. I've been a little caught up in my motorcycle forums so it's been few and far between recent posts. I'm thinking that this is going to change that.

Recently it has come to my attention that the forum is in need of someone to help satisfy the insatiable hunger for users to express their pride in this great site. I have heard the call and would like to come through for you all in a place that has been so great to me.

As very few of you know a few years ago I started up a small business (tiny really). Recently I decided to expand into the realm of vinyl decal/sticker creation and here is where I will start.

I have never been on this end of the stick so I need your help! I want to get some feedback from members on what they are looking for. This includes color, sizes, designs, shipping options, and even what you expect to pay. Because I am a newbie and a small operation I want to focus on the majority first. This is mainly so I don't get in over my head and fall behind on orders and ultimately let everyone down. My initial offerings will be small especially in color choices. I'd hate to open yet another thread on this topic but it would really help me get a better idea of what everyone is looking for. One of the big things for me to get a consensus on how big the decals should be. This is important as it will directly impact the overall cost to me and method, and thus subsequent cost, of shipping.

So please, voice your opinion, let me know what you want. And this goes for those who have already purchased decals from other vendors. What was wrong in the past? If you could, or will, do it over what would you want changed?

I pride myself on giving the customer the best experience and a quality product for their dollar. I know that I have done my job when they love it so much they tell everyone about it. If you need any references you can check out my for sale thread at EX-500.com. Also you can check out my recently updated e-commerce site: http://www.lamponedesigns.com

As of today I have black, white, silver, and red vinyl. If sales go well I expect to pick up a variant of blue. All decals will come with application tape and all decals will be made from 3M's premium 7125 vinyl. This is what was recommended to me as the best product for external automotive applications. It is a 2-mil cast vinyl with (I believe) a 7 year outdoor exposure rating. Because I use the best I can get there is an increased cost per roll which is what is preventing me from going out and buying all the colors I want upfront.

Yes! I do ship Internationally and at actual USPS rates. If you have a problem when ordering let me know as I do not have all the countries entered into my shipping module.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
08 forester sport xt 5spd
459 Posts
sf.org stickers I think I liked these the most of the previous versions that were being sold. Not sure on the size as I have never seen in person.

it may be a bit overkill but I would love to have them facing in both directions
1 for each side of both fxt's.

white turbo model sf.org stickers

total of 4
2 facing right and 2 facing left

·
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sf.org stickers I think I liked these the most of the previous versions that were being sold. Not sure on the size as I have never seen in person.

it may be a bit overkill but I would love to have them facing in both directions

white turbo model sf.org stickers

total of 4
Good point and I agree with you. I think most people are going to buy these in pairs and will also want them facing toward the front of the car (example: the one's that I have in the picture in post 1 would be installed on the left side of the car). I think that should be easy to do.

The ones I have already printed out are 7" wide. To me that seemed like the smallest people would want. Plus any smaller and my cutter had some difficulty navigating the tight turns of some of the letters and the material was lifting up.

·
Premium Member
08 forester sport xt 5spd
459 Posts
oh yeah good luck on this journey. Hope it works out for both you and us. I have been wanting a sticker since first seen........... yeah cuz its bad ***, but also as you said to promote this wonderful site. I find myself at least once a day in discussion of sf.org to people who have never owned a subaru nevermind a forester. Good site Great people, even if this doesn't turn out so well thank you again for making the attempt

·
Registered
04 ForesterXT 5MT
397 Posts

total of 4
+1 ^^^

I would be interested in a few different colors... White, Red, and I think a bronze or gold would be cool!

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.5X Manual
658 Posts
I agree with acohn1! I think having a bronze and gold sticker option would be super sick. Would go really well with all the WRB xt's on here, and also I'd personally love a bronze one.

·
Registered
04 ForesterXT 5MT
397 Posts
That size would be perfect!! I think any bigger it would just look strange, and any smaller you run into issues with your machine...

·
Registered
2011 FXT 4EAT
90 Posts
I would like either blue, white, or silver. Blue if it's close to Marine Blue Pearl color, but considering that is a fairly new color, not sure what the demand would be on it. If not, white or silver would be nice IMO. I think 7 inches is a good size as well.

·
Registered
2006 forester xt 5speed
837 Posts
How many hp per sticker? ..lol

I like the outline one in silver

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
Hey Todd, wondering where you went. Thought you gave up and bought a Prius or something. Stickers look good, 7 inches is big enough to show off the graphics but not huge so it looks silly. I like the subtle look myself. I'm good with White or Silver, something that will be visible on a tinted window.

My 2 cents. Find material that the blank area doesn't stand out on paint/glass. Some stickers I find you can see the entire outline of the shape of the sticker as its not exactly see through and that takes away from the image itself.

·
Registered
2016 Forester 2.5i MT
272 Posts
If we can get the F logo sticker to fit where the SUBARU badging is on the rear hatch, that would be great.

·
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What? Free decals? A limited number of decals have been added to my site. A lucky few have the opportunity to snag some free decals and be part of the beta-testers.

I only ask that:
A: take either the outlined version or F; not both and
B: you provide feedback from how they were when you received them to how they look and hold up after install.

If you are not willing to share your experiences, both positive and negative, with me or publicly, I ask that you pass on the offering. Your experiences are meant to help me provide the best product possible to the forum.

http://www.lamponedesigns.com

·
Registered
04 ForesterXT 5MT
397 Posts
Done! This is really a great thing you're doing!

BTW I was very impressed with your site. It has a nice layout is very user friendly. I will be sure to leave feedback on the product as well.

·
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Done! This is really a great thing you're doing!

BTW I was very impressed with your site. It has a nice layout is very user friendly. I will be sure to leave feedback on the product as well.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I should have your decal out in the mail today. Please let me know when you get it and what condition it is in so that I can keep track of delivery times and determine if I need to make any changes to my shipping method. I'm going to use USPS and try to get away with a piece of cardboard in an envelope and send it first class. If all goes well that should help keep shipping costs to a minimum. Worst case I make an envelope out of two pieces of cardboard (with decal(s)) sandwiched in between. That would have to go Parcel Post and cost ~$2.50 - $3.00 for shipping. More than I want it to cost but I think the double cardboard ensures better protection for the decals.

·
Registered
2016 Forester 2.5i MT
272 Posts
What? Free decals? A limited number of decals have been added to my site. A lucky few have the opportunity to snag some free decals and be part of the beta-testers.

I only ask that:
A: take either the outlined version or F; not both and
B: you provide feedback from how they were when you received them to how they look and hold up after install.

If you are not willing to share your experiences, both positive and negative, with me or publicly, I ask that you pass on the offering. Your experiences are meant to help me provide the best product possible to the forum.

http://www.lamponedesigns.com
I was so excited about the offer that I didn't read the whole post. I did submit an order for both. I will take the outline only unless you want to send both. LOL

·
Registered
2016 Forester 2.5i MT
272 Posts
Can you get a picture of what you mean?
Pictures aren't the best, but I would want to put the "F" logo in place of either the SUBARU logo or badge depending on MY you have in the area between the window and the license plate as shown in the 2 pics included.

The main concern is the height dimension. I can measure mine during lunch later if you want.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,456 Posts
I'm going to use USPS and try to get away with a piece of cardboard in an envelope and send it first class. If all goes well that should help keep shipping costs to a minimum. Worst case I make an envelope out of two pieces of cardboard (with decal(s)) sandwiched in between. That would have to go Parcel Post and cost ~$2.50 - $3.00 for shipping. More than I want it to cost but I think the double cardboard ensures better protection for the decals.
Hey Todd, I just ordered some decals from an online retailer last week, and they were using standard file folders, cut across to fit inside a #10 envelope, so that the decals could be sandwiched in between the covers, so to speak. I thought that was a pretty nifty idea to protect them.

1 - 20 of 617 Posts