Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester Limited CVT
204 Posts
I wonder if it is a connector coming loose or a connector failing due to too much current? Just may have to look under the seat today.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Link to NHTSA page with more details about 19V701 recall affecting some 2015-2018 Subaru Foresters:

I wonder if the VINs of affected vehicles will register on the NHTSA recall lookup page or if it is too soon.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring HT-CVT
512 Posts
I just got my letter in the mail today from Subaru. It says they'll replace the ODS harness under the seat. Which differs from the verbiage in the NHTSA online link, which says they'll inspect and replace if necessary.

Regardless, parts are not available yet and they probably won't be for a couple months. After then, they'll notify again to schedule recall appointments.

·
Registered
2017 Forester Premium CVT
49 Posts
Just an FYI to all owners of 2015-2018 Foresters. If you are not already aware there is a recall of certain models for a faulty Occupant Detection System sensor in the harness on the front passenger side seat cushion. I have attached 3 documents from SOA explaining the recall, the remedy, and owner notification. Notices should be going out early this month, and additional notices will be sent out once replacement parts are available.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 SJ Forester 2.5i Ltd CVT
1,468 Posts
Interesting that you already received a letter and my 2018 2.5i Limited (with heated seats) does not yet show the recall on the NHTSA or Subaru websites.

·
Registered
2018 Forester Limited CVT
16 Posts
I got a letter today from Subaru (SOA) for my 2018 2.5i Limited FB25 CVT says there is a problem and a solution is forthcoming.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I started getting a problem notice on dashboard screen about two weeks ago. A black colored I. Couldn't find it in the manual. Went to the dealer. Subaru has noted that the control device located in the seat cushion of the front passenger , that activates that position front air bag is faulty. Subaru is working on developing a new switch.

So I asked when will the factory decide to let the owners know that a replacement is ready to be installed. Answer was very vague.

Anyone knows of this problem and has any positive answers please ?

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limited CVT
423 Posts
A notice was issued and Subaru is working on the recall. Could be a month or 3 months. Who knows. I think there’s something in NHTSA website.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring CVT
24 Posts
I received an interim recall notification today for the Occupant Detection System. It is for 2015-2018 Foresters and has to do with unstable electrical connections that can prevent the front passenger airbag from deploying in the event of a crash. There is no remedy for this yet but SOA is working on it and will provide updates when repair parts are available. They are advising to limit use of the front passenger seat until the recall is completed.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts