Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester S sport
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so I'm a little confused and maybe someone can clear things up.. Here is what I know

calipers/brackets
all considering I use my 16" rims
My SF has the same setup as a 2.5RS
I know about the 02-03 WRX Rotor upgrade by changing the brackets.Still using 16"

Now here is my question.
Pretty much all rally cars run 15". (team dynamics motorsport rims)

Now for my car to run 15", I need to grind my caliper a bit to fit the 15" OEM caliper/bracket.
I'm guessing I will never be able to fit upgraded WRX rotors/brackets under 15" mags?

What do the rally cars run as setups? They still have OEM calipers/brackets and run just better rotors/pads?

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
2002 Forester S sport
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, well I have done some research and these mags clear the WRX brakes.. So I guess if I want to run 15"s with WRX brakes, I would need these mags.

Its a pretty big investment to run 15" in my opinion as I just wanted to save some $ because 15" geolanders are cheaper.. Anyways I'm not gonna be lapping with my forester in the near future, so I guess this route is not the way to go.

So I'm gonna go with 16" and the WRX upgrade and end it there.

Thanks anways

·
Registered
2006 XT
671 Posts
I've gone both ways:biggrin:

I first ground my calipers to fit 15" steelies. I've done it before on other cars and if you know what your doing is pretty easy.

Now I use the PR1's for RallyX which at <$100 are not expensive and I soon will install a BABK.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
All SF (97-02) foresters should fit any 15" wheel without a problem. Its the bigger wrx and 03+ front brakes that don't fit under 15" wheels.

Rally cars run team dynamic, braid etc rally wheels that can be bought with different offsets and designed specifically to clear bigger brakes than an average 15" wheel would.

Most of the 15" rally wheels will clear the WRX 4 pots even.

On your 02 you should be able to fit a 15" steelie iirc.

·
Registered
27 car gear
846 Posts
Wilwood and JDM/WRX 4 pots are pretty common in this case, in regards to upgraded brakes that fit under those wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts