Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
1,078 Posts
Awesome, thanks for posting. I'm sending it to my parents- My mom really likes the Volvo they tested but also looked at a few other cars in that list.

But what's up with testing the Acura prototype? I would think they would have thrown in the RDX or MDX...

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
299 Posts
Awesome, thanks for posting. I'm sending it to my parents- My mom really likes the Volvo they tested but also looked at a few other cars in that list.

But what's up with testing the Acura prototype? I would think they would have thrown in the RDX or MDX...
Its only for new or fully redesigned vehicles.

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5X
286 Posts
Gooooooooo SUBARU

The mighty David among the automotive Goliaths.

Buy a Subaru—or get stuck with something else.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5XT Tour auto
99 Posts
Just bought my wife a '10 2.5i Premium, all-weather, blah, blah... Real nice car... Took it for a drive to her parents house, (300 miles), with seats down, some stuff packed in there, 2 big dogs sprawled about, we averaged ~35MPG... To work she averages 28! It's a real nice vehicle, I get why it won.

·
Premium Member
? ? ?
702 Posts
Congrats to Subaru for the win, but amongst our crowd, we already know the fine attributes of a good "suv" or "crossover." I do love the interior of the Outbacks vs my own, but I truly love the height of the interior in my Forester.

I do agree with the one editor, the styling of the new Legacy lineup did take a step backwards.

Michael

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
This is quite the feat... back to back wins is a tough one to pull off!
The Forester already won best small SUV 3 times in a row. 04-06. It's nothing new for Subaru to win multiple years in a row!

I parked next to a 2010 Outback yesterday, and it was as tall as my wife's 05 Forester, but a lot longer and wider. My wife really liked it.

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,050 Posts
This is a crock. At what point does a car get classified as a CAR. The outback is a car/wagon. It is not a SUV. Props to Subaru for another great vehicle but it is a car.

Honestly, this week end I read that the Suzuki SX4 was described as a compact crossover. Surprised it wasn't labelled a SUV as well.

Rant over. :)

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
This is a crock. At what point does a car get classified as a CAR. The outback is a car/wagon. It is not a SUV. Props to Subaru for another great vehicle but it is a car.

Honestly, this week end I read that the Suzuki SX4 was described as a compact crossover. Surprised it wasn't labelled a SUV as well.

Well that's like how Toyota refused to submit the Vezna in last year's SUV test because they didn't want it classified as one. Instead it got it's butt kicked in the car category.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts

Somewhere in the DNA of the VIN is the answer to how Subaru has registered their vehicles in different country's as either cars or SUV's. The 98-08 Foresters at least in Canada were defined as cars per their VIN and the 09-10's SUV's. Same for the Outbacks, pre 05's were cars and the rest classified as SUV's. Now the fun part, some insurance companies define a SUV as simply a vehicle with AWD or similar features regardless of the manufacturers registration and your car is now an SUV in the insurance companies eyes (insurance people chime in). I tried to search for the post which explained the CAR vs SUV VIN classifications, but no luck, previous forum members might chime in (Roo,Peaty,Sea-Scooby or others) or was I just dreaming:shrug:

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS
1,090 Posts
Somewhere in the DNA of the VIN is the answer to how Subaru has registered their vehicles in different country's as either cars or SUV's. The 98-08 Foresters at least in Canada were defined as cars per their VIN and the 09-10's SUV's. Same for the Outbacks, pre 05's were cars and the rest classified as SUV's. Now the fun part, some insurance companies define a SUV as simply a vehicle with AWD or similar features regardless of the manufacturers registration and your car is now an SUV in the insurance companies eyes (insurance people chime in). I tried to search for the post which explained the CAR vs SUV VIN classifications, but no luck, previous forum members might chime in (Roo,Peaty,Sea-Scooby or others) or was I just dreaming:shrug:

In MB, Foresters are considered as SUVs

1 - 20 of 25 Posts