Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester Limited Automatic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had trouble with the plastic pins holding various plastic shields, loosening up. I have installed new push pins but they cannot be made tight.
I am disappointed at the drop in body integrity in our 2009 Forester. This the first Subaru we have owned that has rattles. We also have a rattle somewhere in the rear of the car. I have read where the tailgate rattles.
Does anyone have advice?

·
Registered
2011 2.5x Auto
346 Posts
Rattles

Push pins: you could try putting a washer underneath the head before insertion.

Rattles: Try pushing on the closed hatch door to see if there is any movement. If so, you can tighten it by adding some foam rubber to the points on the body where the rubber travel limiters touch. These limiters are on the hatch door near the struts.

Other possible rattles: loose spare tire, tools, license plate (needs 4 screws).
I remember someone had a strut making a noise. He covered it in pipe insulation foam from a plumbing store.
Sometimes the rear seats are loose -add some tape to the latch.

·
Premium Member
2011 X Premium w/AWP 5MT
245 Posts
Another option: I have found that strategic use of clear silicon caulk can greatly reduce rattles. Use it in small amounts on the back of a panel where it is rubbing/rattleing or the back/shank of a pushpin that needs to be tightened up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts