Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Limited
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for the best source to order OEM parts.

currently looking for a few parts for our 04 xt.

clock spring
timing belt
timing belt idler smooth
timing belt idlwe cogged
water pump
fuel filter
spark plugs
K&N air filter

i've read on the forum that non OEM belts do not have the timing marks for alignment. I dont want to deal with questioning if it's 1 tooth off, so OEM is the only choice!

I've looked at the supporting vendors, however, I cant seem to find one that sells OEM parts.

Checked with a local dealer, and I'm sure the same parts can be ordered for less than what I have been quoted.

Thanks!
chris<pixelmonkey>:D

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
Supporting Vendor Annapolis Subaru, Jackie has helped many members with their needs. Plus Grayson Subaru also a Supporting Vendor.

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT Touring
946 Posts
Chris,
I would recommend sending Jackie at Annapolis Subaru a PM. I ordered from her and was very happy with the prices and shipping cost.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,895 Posts
Annapolis Subaru is a supporting vendor of our site, and they give us a great price on both OEM and aftermarket stuff. They don't offer on-line ordering, but send Jackie (SubaruPartsGirl) a PM or call her on Monday at 443 837-1400 and she will take care of you very nicely.

No intent to slight Grayson Subaru, also a supporting vendor. It's just that I've never had occasion to deal with them, and Jackie has been really good to me.

Edit: Wow! Jackie gets two testimonials in the time it took me to compose this and look up the links and the phone number.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,938 Posts
I get all my Subaru parts from Jackie (SubaruPartsGirl), a supporting vendor here on the forum & I live on the West coast. She goes out of her way to help you find parts those hard to ID parts! You can reach her at Annapolis Subaru (866) 509-3019. :smile:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
14 Limited
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone! looks like i'll be giving jackie a call and ordering parts monday.

want to be sure i have all gaskets and other parts needed too!

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,895 Posts
Jackie knows the parts catalog by memory and also knows all the miscellaneous prerequisite bits that are required as part of any job.

We
Jackie!

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,938 Posts
^^ We're supporting the vendors that support this forum. :wink:

I have all my vehicle service done at my local trusted Subaru dealership, but I find Jackie's prices are comparable, even with the shipping across the States. :smile:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT Sport
3,082 Posts
I support the NEW local dealer (in OKC) because they give our local club members a discount and are always super easy to deal with. I won't ever order parts from the Norman dealership again. Heck, I'd call Jamie or Jackie and get them to ship me parts and they'd still cost 1/2 of what the jackaholes in Norman would charge.

·
Registered
14 Limited
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I support the NEW local dealer (in OKC) because they give our local club members a discount and are always super easy to deal with. I won't ever order parts from the Norman dealership again. Heck, I'd call Jamie or Jackie and get them to ship me parts and they'd still cost 1/2 of what the jackaholes in Norman would charge.
LMAO!

everyone i've ever spoken to has the same thoughts about the dealership in norman!

been there twice and knew i would be driving to tulsa or dallas to buy one if we bought new.

first time was in the summer 06. they were trying to sell me a 04 xt with 22,000 miles on it for $24,000 and attempted to convince me that was a great buy and the car wouldnt be there long!

second time we were looking at the 2009 models in fall 2008. while walking toward a forester, I stopped for a brief moment and looked into the window of a quad cab isuzu truck. they were then convinced i was going to buy the truck and completely left the subaru alone. we walked away from the dealer while he was trying to ask more questions.

been to the other one in the city and their sales team is great! not pushy, informative on financing options but still learning about the cars; which i understand with the dealer just opening last year.

if the one in norman went out of business... i would :banana::Banane17:
they give subaru a bad name!

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Premium
14 Posts
I have bought my last two Subarus from Ferguson in Tulsa. I have always heard bad things about BR (?) in Norman.

The sales and service folks in Tulsa are fantastic. When I bought my Forester, they gave me exactly what I was asking for on my OBS trade and helped get me lower financing than what I had already arranged.

My only issue is they charge full MSRP for parts and upgrades which I then have to pay sales tax on to boot so I have always ordered mine from a certain dealer/online seller in Washington. Since I've become a member here, I've dropped Jackie a note about getting prices to see how they compare.

·
Registered
04 Forester X, MT
1,051 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,895 Posts
The on-line sites that sell genuine Subaru parts and accessories are pretty much if not all regular Subaru dealers, doing their on-line business under a screen name that's usually devoid of any geographical identification. How else would they be able to get access to the real stuff at wholesale prices? While some of their sites are very handy for doing research, which earns them some respect and a bit of business, the only dealers who make a financial contribution to keeping this site going are Annapolis and Grayson.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My only issue is they charge full MSRP for parts and upgrades which I then have to pay sales tax on to boot so I have always ordered mine from a certain dealer/online seller in Washington.
Me of course, living in Washington, I ordered my accessories from some online place in the Mid-West (to avoid 10% sales tax). A crazy world, isn't it?

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Premium
14 Posts
Me of course, living in Washington, I ordered my accessories from some online place in the Mid-West (to avoid 10% sales tax). A crazy world, isn't it?
Yeah, it is crazy. I would support my local dealer in a heartbeat even with taxes if they would at least make an attempt to have competitive prices.

The taxes support state and city infrastructure so I don't mind them too bad, but between them and the MSRP, I save 30 to 35% by ordering online from out of state and that's just too much savings to pass up.

Funny thing is that Oklahoma's state income tax return has a place for people to report all their out of state purchases so they can pay taxes on them but you're not legally required to do so and there's no accountability if you don't. Uh, yeah, right.

·
Vendor
2017 Outback 3.6R Limited High Torque CVT
1,002 Posts
Funny thing is that Oklahoma's state income tax return has a place for people to report all their out of state purchases so they can pay taxes on them but you're not legally required to do so and there's no accountability if you don't. Uh, yeah, right.
Oh yeah, I bet they are making boat loads of money from that! I have never noticed that on our Maryland returns but I would imagine that it would turn a similar amount of revenue here...not very much at all!

Thanks for all of the good words here! I will say that you guys have kept me quite busy lately and I thank you for that. This week is going to be a bit tough though because we just got hit with over 30" of snow and now we have 10-20" more coming within the next 24 hours. We were closed on Monday but, I am here today until the weather gets bad. We will be closed tomorrow if we do end up getting the higher amount of snow on top of all this mess we have now. Just try to be a little patient with us right now as getting parts in and out has proved to be quite difficult this week.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts