Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does the rain sensor do?

It's in the 2006 UK parts catalogue. I suppose it senses rain.

What does it do with the rain after its sensed it?:roll:

Ok, what I mean is how does it link up on the windscreen & hook into the wipers. How big is the rain sensor box?

Regards,

Simon

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
313 Posts
The sensor is positioned behind the rear-view mirror and whenever sufficient amount of water (rain) is on the screen, it turns on the wipers.

I drove an Audi A6 last year with that feature. In the beginning I thought "what is that thing good for?" but after getting used to keeping the wipers on the "interval" setting and leaving it for the sensor to decide on when to wipe the screen, I came addicted - so I ordered my FXT with the sensor fitted.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
integrale said:
The sensor is positioned behind the rear-view mirror and whenever sufficient amount of water (rain) is on the screen, it turns on the wipers.

I drove an Audi A6 last year with that feature. In the beginning I thought "what is that thing good for?" but after getting used to keeping the wipers on the "interval" setting and leaving it for the sensor to decide on when to wipe the screen, I came addicted - so I ordered my FXT with the sensor fitted.
Thanks for that Jakob. Wonder if it'll fit my STi Forester that's landing in the UK mid April?

Simon

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
313 Posts
z80 said:
Thanks for that Jakob.
Don't mention it.

z80 said:
Thanks for that Jakob. Wonder if it'll fit my STi Forester that's landing in the UK mid April?

Simon
Don't know, but I'm pretty sure someone on this forum knows.

I'll ask my local dealer (who's very helpfull and serviceminded) next week when I talk to him about the final touches to be made to my car before delivery:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jakob, Simon,

Thanks for those too. Friendly over here isn't it?

So that's the auto rear view mirror & the rain sensor then. Another call to Simpsons nearer the time of arrival then.

Thanks,

Simon

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5 XTEN
2 Posts
Does anyone know how to fit one of these sensor to a forester if you buy one as an aftermarket part ?

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,885 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,053 Posts

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,572 Posts