Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Subaru of Puyallup in Washington state yesterday to try and buy my first Subaru. (Pronounced Pew-all-up for non Washingtonians) It was the typical performance you would expect from a car salesman. First we found a 2010 Forester 2.5X Premium in the state and we were talking about the price and options and what not when the "manager" just happened to walk over and tell us the one we were looking at sold already.... Really? Then we started looking at another one. They said it was $23,990 invoice and $450 for the deal. Total $24,440 so I said, ok I'll ofer $23,500 and apparently that was completely out of the question. So I asked about interest rates and we started filling out the paperwork for financing. After we finished filling out the paperwork, the guy (Dennis) told us to go wait downstairs because it was more comfortable down there... It was not... He said it would be about 10 minutes, but it ended up being 20. He finally came down to talk to us and apparently the dealer he was working with closed at 6:00 so he didn't hear back from them and the Subaru financing place would get back to him the next day. Dennis said he would call us the next day (today) after he got done "taking care of his disabled brother, because you know, he can't do much." :huh:
Dennis never called today. That's ok though, because we are taking his deal to Peninsula Subaru tomorrow to see if they can beat the price. Thanks Dennis! :Banane17:

·
Registered
2014 Forester Ltd. CVT
1,785 Posts
I went to Subaru of Puyallup in Washington state yesterday to try and buy my first Subaru. (Pronounced Pew-all-up for non Washingtonians) It was the typical performance you would expect from a car salesman. First we found a 2010 Forester 2.5X Premium in the state and we were talking about the price and options and what not when the "manager" just happened to walk over and tell us the one we were looking at sold already.... Really? Then we started looking at another one. They said it was $23,990 invoice and $450 for the deal. Total $24,440 so I said, ok I'll ofer $23,500 and apparently that was completely out of the question. So I asked about interest rates and we started filling out the paperwork for financing. After we finished filling out the paperwork, the guy (Dennis) told us to go wait downstairs because it was more comfortable down there... It was not... He said it would be about 10 minutes, but it ended up being 20. He finally came down to talk to us and apparently the dealer he was working with closed at 6:00 so he didn't hear back from them and the Subaru financing place would get back to him the next day. Dennis said he would call us the next day (today) after he got done "taking care of his disabled brother, because you know, he can't do much." :huh:
Dennis never called today. That's ok though, because we are taking his deal to Peninsula Subaru tomorrow to see if they can beat the price. Thanks Dennis! :Banane17:
Yeah, I worked with D. and did get my sube through him, though I had a quote from their internet sales guy (about what you offered) so they accepted quickly. My experience with Peeyooallupp was pretty bad; they misinformed me about what I needed to do to break in the car, they massively misquoted the amount of labor they were going to charge to install a bunch of accessories; so I'm off to Will-Titus (not saying it will be better) in Tacoma for everything else I need.

·
Registered
2012 Forester Auto
24 Posts
We've only had our Subaru for three weeks, so I can't comment too much on Subaru of Puyallup. However, the internet price I got was the same as I was getting from other nearby dealerships. The car buying experience was less painful than I've had in a couple other experiences, although the price was a couple hundred bucks more than I wanted to pay...but hey, my fault for not sticking to my guns. I also wanted to keep my tax dollars as close to home as possible to fix potholes or whatever it is the government does with the tax.

So far they have done ok by us and I'll wait to pass judgement. Honestly, the way their Service Department treats us will be the determining factor. We took our VW to the dealership in Auburn for service, and while everyone was nice, there were a few things over a couple years that just brought their integrity into question. So long as Puyallup services well, they'll get a thumbs up. That is more important to me than a couple hundred bucks on the purchase price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts