Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The convert formely known as Lexusfreak
4,252 Posts
Subaru of Dallas reviews?

Anybody have opinions/comments on Subaru of Dallas as far as customer service is concerned with their parts department?

·
Premium Member
10,122 Posts
they're great. I have purchased several items from them (including my XT)...

Their parts dept has always shipped my parts the same day I order them.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Subifreak said:
Anybody have opinions/comments on Subaru of Dallas as far as customer service is concerned with their parts department?

Short version:
I bought a set of Baja alloy wheels (take-off). Came with no center caps and they explained that these were take off and pictures show no center caps. They were nice enough to offer to take the wheel back (I pay 80 to ship) or I could pay 110 to get 4 center caps.

My major problem with them is getting answers to PM or Email. For an online vendor and Forester Forum vender, they do not seem to monitor PM? Or emails?

I was going to buy the 4 caps for 110, but never got a response? I eventually found caps on eBay for 25.

So, yes you get the stuff but I would shop around (better prices can be found) and read the fine print. Communication after the sale can be ... may be not so good.

·
4,252 Posts
zee lee said:
Communication after the sale can be ... may be not so good.
Thanks guys......& yes I've started to notice this zee.......I'm trying to be patient, but I have a problem (starting to get annoyed) if folks don't keep their word or keep a current update of their inventory. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
I had no problems whatsoever when I ordered my AP through Subaru of Dallas. The even offered free shipping at the time.

Michael

·
Registered
675 Posts
SoD is a Love/Hate relationship for me. SoD sponsors some local Solo stuff here in DFW and the sales mgr Chris has a well prepped SM STI:icon_eek:. They speak the language of car tuners and the service shop will install what they sell, so there tuner friendly. But there "walk the talk" sometimes comes up short:icon_mad: . I could not get phone/email responses on the status of a backordered item, and when it did come in they would not call me to let me know to pick up the part:catfight: . I cancelled a prepayed order and it took me near two months to get them to credit my card. When I purchased my 06 XT they would not budge from a $300 over invoice offer, I purchased elsewhere for $300 under invoice.

There prices are with little or no discount (yes I know Cobb stuff can't be discounted). It's a thirty minute drive if I have to, but I usually buy elsewhere.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Subifreak said:
Thanks guys......& yes I've started to notice this zee.......I'm trying to be patient, but I have a problem (starting to get annoyed) if folks don't keep their word or keep a current update of their inventory. :rolleyes:

More my 2cents:
I would suggest not being too patient.

When I was patient things got worse. I finally email the part and service manager and got a response the next day. The more I waited the more they forgot about my situation.

If it is a big problem, I would call and talk to the manager.

·
4,252 Posts
I'm on my third (polite) e-mail & have left 2 voice mail messages to the dealership parts department & still no word on the stuff I've ordered.....in fact no response to the last 2 e-mails & it's been over two weeks now since my order. :chair: :censored:

What's bothering me more than anything, is the fact their website was not updated (the items in question were actually out of stock.....but their website said they had 6 & I didn't find out until after the fact!). Not sure it's good policy, but they billed my credit card for them anyway (with no offer to credit my account for a refund, nor offer a discount).......& we play the waiting game.

Any advice? I'm starting to get annoyed here. :yell:

·
Premium Member
5,748 Posts
I'm sorry about that. I'll give them a call today. PM me your IRL name, and I'll get to the bottom of this immediately.

Thanks.

H

·
0 Posts
I wanted to post an apology to Brenden. I did not realize that we had not replied to your e-mails. Greg tries very hard to keep up with all of his duties, and is re-doubling his efforts to give our customers the very best service. I have personally updated the image and verified quantity for the new keychain. Our supplier had promised Greg that the old style keychains had been shipped, but I find today that they have not been shipped. We will not have the old style keychains for several weeks, so I have updated the site with the new info. Brenden, I can either refund your $$ or send the new style, with a new HotSubarus ball cap for your trouble.

Thanks,

Chris Fleming
Parts Manager
Subaru of Dallas
HotSubarus.com
800-526-4131

·
4,252 Posts
I have sent you a PM Chris & left you a voice message.....thank you for getting back to me here & by phone. Please keep me posted & if there are any additional problems with this, please let me know & we can go from there.

Roo.......many thanks for your assistance with this.

·
Registered
563 Posts
HotSubarus said:
I wanted to post an apology to Brenden. I did not realize that we had not replied to your e-mails. Greg tries very hard to keep up with all of his duties, and is re-doubling his efforts to give our customers the very best service. I have personally updated the image and verified quantity for the new keychain. Our supplier had promised Greg that the old style keychains had been shipped, but I find today that they have not been shipped. We will not have the old style keychains for several weeks, so I have updated the site with the new info. Brenden, I can either refund your $$ or send the new style, with a new HotSubarus ball cap for your trouble.

Thanks,

Chris Fleming
Parts Manager
Subaru of Dallas
HotSubarus.com
800-526-4131

Dear Mr. Chris Fleming

Can you or Greg answer my question about the Center Caps.? I understand it been a few months. But early this year (Jan?), I bought a set of Baja take-off did not include center caps. Greg offered to accept a return or ship out a set for 110. I responded to the offer and ask for part number to ensure there would not be another mistake on my part. I never received a reply.

·
4,252 Posts
zee lee said:
Dear Mr. Chris Fleming

Can you or Greg answer my question about the Center Caps.? I understand it been a few months. But early this year (Jan?), I bought a set of Baja take-off did not include center caps. Greg offered to accept a return or ship out a set for 110. I responded to the offer and ask for part number to ensure there would not be another mistake on my part. I never received a reply.
zee, you might want to send a PM to Chris if you haven't already. :icon_wink:

H

·
0 Posts
Chris has been out racing this weekend, I will look into getting the part number for the centercaps for you and send it to you in the morning.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
8 Participants
Subifreak
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing