1,760 Posts
old pic but the best one I could find , I use them as winter rims

these are JDM rims that were available only on the Canadian 2002 S Sport models
► Edit - moderator's note - the image on this post is not recoverable. :frown:

Bobby...

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just got new set of FSTi OEM Wheels to my Spec B...

Only disappointment was the weight, abrox 11Kg /25lbs I think it is too much, JDM STi`s normaly got lightweight rims but this weight sounds s**t to me!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Confused

Hey everybody! I asked some techs (since I work at a dealership) about this whole "rim offset" thing. They say that "offset" is reffered as the distance from the center (where the wheel hub sits) to the outter edge of the rim. In other words, the inner distance from the tire to the strut assembly should not vary :confused:. I am kinda confused here since I am really interested on buying another OEM rim set for my FXS and I was considering the '04YM Impreza STi ones.

Thanks for the help. :biggrin:

·
The Sub kit guy
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
04 Sti wheels fit no problem and look very good on the Forester (as you can see in the 17" wheel section on page 1).

A wheels with the same offset will sit the same distance from the strut no matter how wide the rim is. The rear spacing is a constant number.

A 17x7 ET48 Forester wheel could fit and clear a 235/55/17 tire, where as a 17x7 ET55 WRX wheel might only fit a 215/55/17 tire since the wheel edge sits much closer to the strut.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ok so, let me see if I finally got this. Using either 48", 53" or 55" offset rims, the "backspacing" will be the same, right? The difference will be only on the outter side of the rim (further out), am I correct? otherwise Screw Me!! hahaha.
I am just a "click" away to purchase my new set of rims. Somebody is all excited here :biggrin:

PD: Sorry, English is my second language :tissue:, thanks for the comprehension :icon_cool:

·
The Sub kit guy
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
An ET55 offset wheel will sit 7mm closer to the strut that a ET48 wheel. That just means less clearance for tires is all. 48,53,55 are all Subaru offsets and they all work just fine on the Forester. You can't run quite as wide a tire with the higher numbers, but the standard 215 or 225 width fit on all 3 offsets just fine.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'm going to try to get my '08 wrx wheels on tonight, but its raining now, we'll see. Pics may have to wait until thursday when we're supposed to get some sun.

61 - 80 of 642 Posts