Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 642 Posts

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
9,224 Posts
Okay, just an update. My bathroom scale has always been pretty darn accurate.

I stepped on by myself: 180lbs

I stepped on holding (1) '08 STi FXST wheel w/ stock G900 tire mounted: 221lbs

So 41lbs is the total.

Here is a comparison. According to scoobymods, the lightweight stock '04 FXT 16 alloy wheels are 19lbs and the lightweight Geos that came on them were 19.6lbs...making a grand total of 38.6lbs.

I just threw on my 17" Gunmetal T2s that are 18lbs for the wheel and Pirelli PZero Nero M+S tire is 28 lbs (as quoted by tirerack)...for a grand total of 46lbs.

Okay, I just checked tirerack and it said that the 215/55/17 G900 tire weighs 26lbs. So that means the wheels weigh 15lbs each.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Now lets see a list of NON Subaru OE wheels that will fit the Foresters .... Like I believe the Scion TC wheels .... Or even some VW 5x100 wheels ?? Curious to see if anyone has actually done the TC wheels ...

·
The Sub kit guy
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Now lets see a list of NON Subaru OE wheels that will fit the Foresters .... Like I believe the Scion TC wheels .... Or even some VW 5x100 wheels ?? Curious to see if anyone has actually done the TC wheels ...
Subaru uses a bigger hub than Toyota/Scion so their wheels don't fit without being bored out, and VW offsets are not very Subaru friendly.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Figured I would post here, instead of BRAKE section....

IF I get 04 STi Gold BBS on an 08 FSXT...would it have clearance for Brembo setup? can I use STi Brembo setup?

·
The Sub kit guy
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Hmm, hard to believe since the Subaru hubs are tiny !! I am getting a TC wheel to test fit ... I guess ill see what happends ...
Subaru uses a 56mm hub and Toyota uses a 54mm hub.

There is a guy on Ebay that has TC wheels bored out to Fit Subarus.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-Forester-Outback-Baja-17-new-wheels-tires_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ66483QQihZ002QQitemZ120144310779QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Here is his quote about them:

"While these are original equipment from a Scion TC, all the dimensions are the same as for the cars listed above except for the hub size. These wheels have been modified by increasing the center bore size (by only 2 mm) to fit the Subaru's. This is done in a machine shop to very high tolerances and does not affect the strength of the wheel, nor the look of the wheel. However, because of this, these wheels will not fit the Celica or Scion. "

·
The Sub kit guy
13,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Figured I would post here, instead of BRAKE section....

IF I get 04 STi Gold BBS on an 08 FSXT...would it have clearance for Brembo setup? can I use STi Brembo setup?
The wheels clear the Brembos on the STi, so they would clear on a Forester with STi Brembos too. Nothing changes as far dimensions or anything.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yep ... just saw them on e-bay ..... I am getting a set of the TC wheels for super cheep , with tires , only 2K miles on them .... so I guess Ill bore them out , and they are going to be refinished in Rally Black with no center caps ...so they will look a bit different .....Kinda cant pass the deal up ...

good info to know !! I ran into center bore issues back when I was trying to put Armada wheels on my old Frontier .... those 6 spoke Armada wheels look wicked cool on the Frontier ... But the center bore is super small GM style , where the Frontier had that big 4x4 hub ....

Hmm, my '98 Forester has a 56mm center ...

21 - 40 of 642 Posts