Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Editorial Content
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Subaru has rolled out 50th Anniversary Edition versions of its entire lineup for the 2018 model year.

All 50th Anniversary Edition Subarus will be signified by their unique Heritage Blue exterior color. Other features setting the vehicles apart from standard models include Subaru of America 50th Anniversary Edition badging, unique alloy wheels (excluding the BRZ), satin chrome exterior trim and side mirrors (excluding BRZ, WRX an STI), black upholstery with contrasting silver stitching and 50th Anniversary carpeted floor mats. All of the vehicles will also come loaded with options and will include Subaru’s EyeSight Driver Assist Technology as standard.
Read more about the Subaru Introduces 50th Anniversary Editions for Entire Lineup at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring HT-CVT
90 Posts
All the official details revealed here:
Subaru U.S. Media Center

Production quantities will be limited to 1,050 for Crosstrek, Forester, Impreza, Legacy and Outback, while WRX, STI and BRZ will have a combined total of 1,050.

·
Registered
2015 Forester I-Premium 6MT
2,368 Posts
so they are announcing 2018 model year in feb 2018? Sounds like a non-usa publication.

our 2019 model?

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,427 Posts
It looks like an 'off year' special, with very limited production. Only 1050 Foresters, and of those only 2 models. These will probably be the prototypes for the 'all new' full range in 2019.

·
Registered
2018 Forester
8 Posts
Nice! I'm currently in the market for a Subaru Forester, and my favorite color on a car is blue....

Josh

·
Registered
2018 Forester 50th Annive Automatic
1 Posts
Bought the 2018 59th Anniversary Edition. Lots of options - Not so fast. The passenger front seat is manual. REALLY - On a 50th Anniversary Edition. I was expecting LOADED.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i CVT
613 Posts
Bought the 2018 59th Anniversary Edition. Lots of options - Not so fast. The passenger front seat is manual. REALLY - On a 50th Anniversary Edition. I was expecting LOADED.
That's the only way it's offered for the passenger front seat in the States... That is loaded.

·
Registered
2018 Forester
8 Posts
I ended up buying the Anniversary Edition of the Forester! It's loaded.

Only choice was 2.0 turbo or 2.5 non-turbo. I went with the non-turbo, as I don't really need the extra power, and I didn't want to have to fill it with premium gasoline every time.

Very nice car, still getting used to it!

Josh

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,826 Posts
Hey Josh, how much did it run you over the same options in a non-50th anniversary model? I'm contemplating trading in my wife's 17' Touring and getting the '18XT-T.

·
Registered
2018 Outback CVT
109 Posts
Is a power passenger seat even an option on any Forester?

·
Registered
2018 Forester
8 Posts
The power seat is only for the driver, yes. It's unfortunate there's not also a power seat for the passenger.

And, speaking of the passenger seat, the airbag detection seems to be a bit flaky. It's too sensitive: if a cellphone is set on the seat, it will think there's a passenger there. I read about it, and now think that's a known Subaru glitch: other car manufacturers use a weight sensor there, but Subaru questionably chose to use some other kind of sensor instead, that more easily gets confused by an electronic device placed nearby. Such is life.

As for the price I paid, I looked, and misplaced the envelope! Ugh. Will have to get back on that. I'm still a little embarrassed I let myself get a little suckered at financing time, and signed up for some prepaid maintenance and extended warranty I didn't really need. It's still a beautiful car, though, and what impressed me is that the base price for the car (not including those) was not appreciably all that much more than the non-Anniversary Touring edition. Which makes sense, because Anniversary is just Touring with some minor cosmetic bling: a different color, and the Anniversary symbol in the seats, floormats, and a badge on the side of the car.

Josh

1 - 16 of 16 Posts