Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester Touring 2.5i
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently submitted feedback (see below) to Subaru on my initial assessment of both my 2018 Forester purchase, and also my thoughts on my test drive of the 2019 model. I wanted to share my feedback with this community with the hopes that some of you share in my sentiment, and/or might be willing to share your thoughts on the points I've noted in my feedback. Some of my feedback might be trivial, I understand. Take care, Anthony.

"...Below are additional items I’ve analyzed in my 2018 Forester that I offer up to Subaru for serious consideration for implementation in future year models:

• Cooling seat option as opposed to just heated seats
• Push-cover panel for exterior gas compartment
*2018 model only allows for opening the gas cover inside of the vehicle. Adding a push-to-open feature would be ideal
• Electric front passenger seats
*I was surprised the Touring model only has manual adjustment for the front passenger seat. While I do appreciate possible budgetary constraints to allow for a more cost-effective vehicle, when I’m spending $30k on a vehicle, I expect certain things commensurate with such a price point.
• The 2019 model lost the analog clock feature on the front dashboard! Please restore this!! I so cherish such a trivial feature, as well as the other digital display options that appear in the 2018 model on the front-inside dash!!
• Add the automatic functionality that when the vehicle is placed in park, the front doors automatically unlock
• The passenger door-lock/window buttons on the front passenger door doesn’t illuminate at night like they do for the driver’s side. I can only assume this was done, again, to save on costs?!! However, when trying to navigate our fingers at night to locate these buttons, illumination is certainly appreciated!!
• While having a seat memory option is wonderful, PLEASE also add the side mirrors to the memory functionality!!!

I also want to point out a cosmetic flaw and other analysis that I noticed in the 2019 model which Subaru may want to address:
• The front hood does not rest flush with the front grill. The hood sits out about a half-inch or so from the front grill
• Add the option to turn-off the “engine-off” functionality built-in when a vehicle comes to a stop. I appreciate the intent of saving gas, etc., however at least offer the ability to turn this off."

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,626 Posts
•Add the option to turn-off the “engine-off” functionality built-in when a vehicle comes to a stop. I appreciate the intent of saving gas, etc., however at least offer the ability to turn this off."
There is a button to de-activate Auto Stop/Start, but it must be depressed every time you start up the car.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,577 Posts
I stopped at push to open fuel cover. I don’t want people to easily **** with my fuel tank. Sorry!!! But I feel so strongly about this!!! I believe all vehicles should have a secured fuel tank.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty much. You could have stopped at cooled seats.

·
Registered
2016 Ford RS & 2019 Subaru Descent
1,349 Posts
The last few non-Subaru cars I have owned have a push button gas lid. If car is locked, you can't open the lid. My current non-Subaru car doesn't even have a gas cap. Just pop open the fuel door, insert nozzle. Do you all leave your car unlocked when not in use?

What is wrong with cooled seats as an option?

Does the 2019 have a digital speedo along with the manual speedometer?
That is one gripe I have with the 2015 FXT, but I digress.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.0XT H-CVT
359 Posts
The last few non-Subaru cars I have owned have a push button gas lid. If car is locked, you can't open the lid. My current non-Subaru car doesn't even have a gas cap. Just pop open the fuel door, insert nozzle. Do you all leave your car unlocked when not in use?

What is wrong with cooled seats as an option?

Does the 2019 have a digital speedo along with the manual speedometer?

That is one gripe I have with the 2015 FXT, but I digress.

When I go to the gas station, which isn’t very frequent (once a week maybe?), I 1.) park in front of the fuel pump, 2.) release the fuel cover, 3.) lock my car 4.) pay for fuel 5.) fill up.

It’s not hard to learn to unlock the lid before filling up. What’s hard for me is not having a secure gas tank. People can shove whatever they want into your tank. Your gas can be siphoned.

·
Premium Member
2017 Forester XT Premium CVT
365 Posts
Agree, most of the bullet points are pretty trivial. But just curious, where do you guys all live that gas-siphoning is a concern? The 1979 oil embargo? I have 5 cars and only 2 have locking fuel doors. I wish none of them did - useless security feature.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.0XT H-CVT
359 Posts
Agree, most of the bullet points are pretty trivial. But just curious, where do you guys all live that gas-siphoning is a concern? The 1979 oil embargo? I have 5 cars and only 2 have locking fuel doors. I wish none of them did - useless security feature.

Southern California any other metropolitan area where Road rage exists. There’s a reason why all top model cars and Luxury vehicles have secured gas tanks. Hahahhahaahahhahaha

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency/fuel-consumption/sugar-in-gas-tank.htm

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring CVT
1,305 Posts

i thought the same thing.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My thoughts also. I thought they put in a screen or something like that about 50 years ago to stop using a hose to steal gas aka "oklahoma credit card"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.