Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Nissan Frontier 5 speed
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe the Toyota RAV4 will be at the dealers on October 20th. When will the Forester be available I will decide between the two after driving both. I wish both would be available at about the same time frame. So far, from what I have read and seen, the RAV4 looks like the better of the two, but that can change after a test drive. The wait is frustrating.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
1,350 Posts
The 2019 Foresters are at dealers today.

My local dealership (SC) has 4 on the lot.

Reactions: Natedog

·
Registered
12 Posts
I couldn't find an official date, but I saw on the RAV4 forums that 2019 RAV4s will start hitting the lots early December. I'm leaning toward the 2019 Forester so I'm not sure I want to wait until December to test drive the RAV4 too. I think the press embargo will be lifted on the RAV4 late November though so hopefully will start hearing some reviews soon.
No 2019 Foresters on the lots yet by me either, they are all "in transit" so for now I'm just browsing these forums and reading feedback from those who have picked theirs up already!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called the Dealer in Charleston and they had a number of vehicles, but not the Touring Trim I want. He said they should receive the Touring next week. I checked Fairway in Greenville and they had 21 vehicles, including the Touring.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,737 Posts
My local Subaru lot (Palm Springs Subaru) is supposed to be having a 2019 Forester "launch" event this Friday (the 12th). Most of their models show "in transit" as well.

·
Registered
2021 Forester Limited
2,531 Posts
Dealers here in JAX have a ton of 19's on the lot.

Toyota's are great, reliable cars but also the most uninspiring cars to drive. No fun to drive...just utilitarian. The 19 Sport we bought is a blast to drive and the AWD system is second to none. Really all depends on what you are looking for...BORING or FUN:wink2:

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
1,350 Posts
Dealers here in JAX have a ton of 19's on the lot.

Toyota's are great, reliable cars but also the most uninspiring cars to drive. No fun to drive...just utilitarian. The 19 Sport we bought is a blast to drive and the AWD system is second to none. Really all depends on what you are looking for...BORING or FUN:wink2:
I totally agree. The Toyota vehicles I’ve owned get the job done, but overall, I’d say Toyota doesn’t really make inspired, fun-to-Drive vehicles.

Sturdy and reliable...no doubt about it. My daughter put her Corolla to the test for over 100 K miles when she was in college, and it always performed. Still... Exciting isn’t a word I’d use to describe it, though.

I considered updating my 2009 Tacoma with the next generation Tacoma, but after I examined the new generation, I decided I’d keep mine for now. Seems Toyota really didn’t even get close to going with the latest technology, from this model’s viewpoint.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Personal opinion. since I am the person paying for, and driving the automobile, I just assumed that I could purchase the vehicle in my choice. While I still may purchase a Forester, it still looks utilitarian.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,737 Posts
Too bad the Forester discontinued the turbo...really don't understand this decision.
It is all about dollars and cents [and sense]

The XT is a lower volume [at least here in the states] model. Part of that could be traced to price and part can be traced to the "U" of SUV. The XT was a perfect sleeper but does not appeal to some people. For me, it was that [at the time I purchased] the XT only had a black interior. As of 17, the XT Touring offered saddle brown leather [but still only black cloth of Premium].

Another [probably] bigger part is what dealers order and carry on their lot. The XT can be a harder sell for those shoppers that are looking for a capable and economical SUV. Many [most?] Forester shoppers are not looking for the equivalent of a WRX SUV. There are some [a lot?] that are looking for a WRX in SUV clothing but not all or even most.

So why keep pumpimg out a less popular model and motor? And who knows..? Maybe the new Ascent 2.4 Turbo will filter to the Sport trim [or a new XT] in a few years if the demand is great enough. As the engine is already certified by the epa, etc., the change may be easy.

·
Registered
2002 Sequoia 4 speed auto
176 Posts
My thoughts on a new XT

Too bad the Forester discontinued the turbo...really don't understand this decision.
If there was a new XT, who would buy remaining inventory of old XTs unless they were deeply discounted?
I for one didn't want to pay for high test gas. The new Ascent motor burns regular. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No Turbo

I don't either. Yet, there is rumors about a V6 turbo in the 2020 model. If this is true, why the huge change in production? I doesn't make any sense. The only negative I heard about the 2019 Forester was that it is slow. Duh. Why didn't they make it a 200+hp as the Rav4 is supposed to be? It makes absolutely no sense in manufacturing a boxy vehicle with near luxury interior, yet install an engine that struggles on inclines to maintain speed, particularly with a full load. I am slowly talking myself out of buying the Forester. I realize my choice of a Honda Si HFP isn't a SUV, but at least it should be fun to drive.
:shrug:

·
Registered
2016 and 2020 Foresters
1,562 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts