Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 2.5X EJ253 Manual
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer quoted $184/ea for the 16" alloys that are sold in the Subaru Genuine Acessories catalog.

My '09 has the stock 16" steel wheels w/ wheel covers is why I was checking.

I'm trying to find alloys that match or come very close (w/i 2mm) of the stock offset of 48mm. Figured the ones sold in the Subaru Genuine Accessories catalog might be a good bet, but wow what a price for a set of 16's. :huh:

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,073 Posts
I know the sticker shock you speak of. I discovered it searching for a single Baja rim for a spare. Best bet is to search for a used/take-off set via forums or craigslist. Crappy thing is even the used ones can go for $400+ a set depending on the area.

Craiglook: Craigslist Search has been my favorite craigslist search engine lately, it allows you to search several cities in your chosen area at once VS. craigslist one city at a time.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X EJ253 Manual
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to stay as close as possible to the stock offset of 48mm. Anyone know what the offset is for the 04 - 06 XT's alloy wheels?

·
Registered
2015 VW Golf R (AWD!) DSG (Automated Manual)
2,199 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5i Automatic
161 Posts
If you are referring to part # 28111SC010 for the ally wheels, I recently purchased them from my dealer for about $140 each which includes the center cap and valves. I purchased them directly from the dealer. Another source would be "Subarupartsfor you.com, they can get you a set for $689.00

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2009 FXT
202 Posts
if you get older wheels just make sure they work with the tire monitoring sensors on the valves stems

1 - 8 of 8 Posts