Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester S 5MT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Subaru Forester and want to get Thule roof racks. I've heard that the 440 feet are only compatible with the special 440 crossbars, which only come in 50".

I'd like something wider, and have seen 60" crossbars. It sounds like the wider crossbars require the tracker II feet and the TK7 fit kit, but the TK7 fit kit is discontinued and difficult to find.

So I guess my question is, if I want a wider roof rack, what are my options for feet and fit kits?

·
Registered
2008 Forester Sports XT
24 Posts
I found the same thing when I bought my Forester - Thule was limited to 50" bars. I think Thule makes great stuff, but I switched to Yakima so that I could have both long and short bars. I carry a canoe and sometimes the canoe plus a box, so I need the wider bars.

FWIW, I don't like the Yak stuff nearly as much. The issue is that the roof rails are not the same distance apart at all points - they vary slightly. So you need to readjust the feet every time you move the bars. Not a huge deal, but not as nice as the "click & go" set-up is.

I always thought it was strange that Thule would limit their product for this vehicle - where more people probably use a roof rack than most vehicles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts