Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is over 7 years since I sold my old Forester and going to drop into the local dealer (rural NSW) just about order a new Forester (or maybe an Outback).

I would have thought new Forester stock being delivered was all MY22 as that is what is shown on the Subaru web site but surprised to see my local dealer's new Forester demo car is a MY21 model (they didn't have it a week ago).

On paper the MY22 is more cosmetic than anything else but I do like the more angular front. That said, you drive it from the inside. ;)

The one they have is a 2.5i-S and will find out if they are ready to sell it. Seems all the demos they get are the top spec models. I would prefer a Premium or Sport and even the L has pretty much all I want.

Also would take an Outback Sport.

What are the delivery times for Foresters and Outbacks at the moment.

Any comments appreciated. :)

Peter

·
Administrator
18,699 Posts
G'day & Welcome Peter

I imagine the delivery times could be gauged from these threads:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kevin. I couldn't find any Australian orders in that lot. It seems US and Canada orders are taking up to 10 weeks. Not sure if that would be the same for Australia. I noted a comment that the Outback was slightly quicker but again, that may be US specific.

My feeling is they are probably selling MY21 demonstrators at MY22 prices. I know from a fortnight ago (before I had my money), the local dealer was charging the Sydney-based drive away cost (higher 3-rd Party insurance) rather than the local online generated price and no doubt pocketing the difference.

·
Registered
2005 2.5X 4EAT 2017 2.5i Prem CVT
450 Posts
@PeterBtura The Yajima plant that builds the Forester (and Outbacks for all but North America) has had to shut down three times this year due to supply issues. The most recent one was in September.

Under ideal (pre-Covid) circumstances, it takes about two months to get a Japanese-built Subaru to North America. One month to process the order and build the car, and another month (a little more if going to the east coast) on the boat. I would guess the transit time to Australia would be somewhat less.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I called in to my local showroom (Melbourne eastern suburbs) a couple of days ago to find out about a MY22 Forester and they reckoned earliest date was around April 2022 for delivery on a new order.

They had a transporter delivery today which had MY22 Forester on board so they are coming through.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Diesel 6MT
924 Posts
Someone at work ordered one in Jun/Jul 2021 and had it delivered in Dec 2021- Aust, Canberra (ACT/NSW) area.

·
Registered
2014 Forester, waiting 4 months for 2022 -S
67 Posts
Ordered in mid-October from a non-Trivett Dealer in Sydney.

Landed in Port Kembla on December 23rd - STILL waiting to pick it up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Picked mine up today and was so lucky. Walked into the showroom on December 28th which we didn’t expect them to be open, wanted a higher spec forester in a dark colour black or grey. Ended up with a sport in dark blue pearl which was on a shipment coming in and someone had decided a different colour. It arrived on the transporter on January 4th while we were there doing the paperwork and drove out in it today 11days later on the 7th with all the extras we asked for done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts