Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2011 camry auto
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a new car and considering Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring Auto with EyeSight. Please excuse me if someone already asked this question as I couldn't find it in the forum thread. Let me know what would be the fair price in Ohio(I live in Columbus, OH, can drive to different city if the price/deal is fair).

Also I am in not interested in Navigation(GPS) at all, let me know if anyone got Touring without this option since it appears to be standard for this trim level.

I am getting different pricing on truecar and kbb sites, so got confused how to negotiate pricing when I go to dealer place.

TIA

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,780 Posts
You cannot get Eyesight without Navigation and HID headlights... at least in the US on 2014 models.

Perhaps the 2015 MY will allow these to be broken up, rather than requiring them to be bundled.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You cannot get Eyesight without Navigation and HID headlights... at least in the US on 2014 models.

Perhaps the 2015 MY will allow these to be broken up, rather than requiring them to be bundled.
Josh is correct… I didn't really want eyesight either, but I did want the headlights that you get with the package. Push button start is also included, but I could have lived sans that as well. The headlights though are wonderful. My wife drives a dark country canyon road on her commute and she says they are the bees knees.

I paid ~32.3 + tax&license for my 14 XT Touring with Eyesight and protection package #2. I so wanted pop pck2.. but I think the price was excellent.

·
Registered
2011 camry auto
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information, it's really useful to know how much others are paying.

BTW, a local Columbus, OH dealer quoted $33,162.00 before tax/title/etc for 2014 Subaru Forester Touring with Eyesight. I didn't even want to talk to that guy after seeing that price. I will try again in a different place next week.

Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks for the information, it's really useful to know how much others are paying.

BTW, a local Columbus, OH dealer quoted $33,162.00 before tax/title/etc for 2014 Subaru Forester Touring with Eyesight. I didn't even want to talk to that guy after seeing that price. I will try again in a different place next week.

Thanks
that's actually not a terrible price when you think about it… depending on what other packages are on it. Anything better then 2% below invoice is a sweet deal because 2% below is Subaru VIP pricing.

The price I paid was what they quoted me… then they got some of it back on my trade in. I really didn't want to drive home my POS car :) … I think they knew that. So I let them have it.

·
Registered
2013 Outback CVT
11 Posts
Contact Grand Subaru in Chicago. Check out their website, request a price quote on a model you are interested in. Many people have flown to Chicago and bought from them. See if a local dealer will match, but I will be surprised if they will.

·
Registered
2011 camry auto
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got a quote another local dealer for Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring with the EyeSight for $31,741(before title/tax/tag/etc) and with below options.

Please tell me if this is a a good price.

Ext. Auto Dimming Mirror w/Approach Lighting
Exterior Mirror Hardware Kit
Luggage Compartment Cover
Passenger's Side Mirror
Splash Guard Kit
Seat Back Cargo Net
Auto Dim Mirror w/Compass & Homelink
Driver's Side Mirror
Protection Package #2
All Weather Floor Mats
Rear Bumper Cover

I believe most of the above options are part of popular package # 2, if I am correct.

EyeSight System -- I believe eyesight package includes following and few more options as well.
Driver Assist Technology
Pre-Collision Braking System
Lane Departure & Sway Warning
Keyless Access & Start
Adaptive Cruise Control

·
Registered
2014 Xt touring Cvt
174 Posts
that's actually not a terrible price when you think about it… depending on what other packages are on it. Anything better then 2% below invoice is a sweet deal because 2% below is Subaru VIP pricing.

The price I paid was what they quoted me… then they got some of it back on my trade in. I really didn't want to drive home my POS car :) … I think they knew that. So I let them have it.
Didn't they stop making the 14s?

Can charge whatever they want I suppose.

·
Registered
2007 Legacy
72 Posts
Got a quote another local dealer for Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring with the EyeSight for $31,741(before title/tax/tag/etc) and with below options.

Please tell me if this is a a good price.

Ext. Auto Dimming Mirror w/Approach Lighting
Exterior Mirror Hardware Kit
Luggage Compartment Cover
Passenger's Side Mirror
Splash Guard Kit
Seat Back Cargo Net
Auto Dim Mirror w/Compass & Homelink
Driver's Side Mirror
Protection Package #2
All Weather Floor Mats
Rear Bumper Cover

I believe most of the above options are part of popular package # 2, if I am correct.

EyeSight System -- I believe eyesight package includes following and few more options as well.
Driver Assist Technology
Pre-Collision Braking System
Lane Departure & Sway Warning
Keyless Access & Start
Adaptive Cruise Control
What is the MSRP?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts