Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 forester my07 x
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i am new to this site , i purchased a subaru forester recentley with 220,000 kilometers on the clock and am wanting to know at how many kilometers does the timing belt require changing ? i dont have a service history the car is in prestine condition and the service sticker says next service due @ 210,000 so its been serviced up to then by a subaru dealer in australia but its deff only just been serviced with new lines etc ,its immaculate and well looked after , it drives fantastic is there anyway of knowing if timing belt needs changing ? can a mechanic inspect it and tell me if it needs changing ? any help is appreicated cheers Daniel

·
Registered
377 Posts
This question has been asked/answered many times. Short answer is there is no way to be sure the belt, water pump, tensioners have been replaced short of inquiring w/ the dealer who may have done the service. For privacy reasons (and general indifference) they will likely say they can't help you. You might try running down the previous owner and ask. Sometimes you can find out owners name/address from service records left in car or from dealer.

good luck

·
Registered
2006 Forester
657 Posts
The maintenance frequency for my 2006 is typically every 30,000 miles for fluids other than engine oil, except for the timing belt replacement which is every 105,000 miles. Based upon the "next service 210,000 kilometers" service sticker data, either your car is up for its 7th 30,000 mile service, or up for it's 2nd 105,000 mile service. Either way, at 220,000 miles you may be up for both. Wait...did I just compare miles to kilometers?

Anywhoo... Without a service history, replacing fluids soon after purchasing pre-owned cars creates a baseline to start a maintenance schedule by and gives you piece of mind knowing all fluids are new and good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts