Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
MY05 Forester X
64 Posts
right, so my forrie will protect me fine but god help me if they need to get me out!!!

:)

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,456 Posts
I just tried to look the article up online at www.firehouse.com, but they require a paid membership to access it. :tempertantrum

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
I got it from another forum so maybe I can request it from one of them.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5I - 6 Speed
988 Posts
This makes me glad I bought a Forester. I have a question about safety:
Mass of a car is really important factor in determining how well a passenger can survive. So how would a Forester hold-up against a Chevy Suburban?

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
It's nowhere near that simple. It has a lot to do with how the vehicle transfers the energy upon impact. There's no guarantee that a full-sized Suburban wins against a much smaller vehicle.

S

·
0 Posts
All things equal, a suburban vs. forester MVC should result in more damage to the forester, simply because of weight. But in a crash, things are rarely equal. Vehicles with higher mass will sustain less damage in a collision, but that doesn't necessarily make them safer. If the suburban is poorly designed from a safety standpoint, but the forester is well designed, then the tables may switch. It's funny to see all the big SUVs in the ditch after a heavy snowstorm, while the little front wheel drive sedans keep motoring on.

Thanks to ogopogo for posting this info. I've been wanting to see something like this.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,052 Posts
I put both pages of the art up around here somewhere have a look around.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts