Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lining my ducks (tools) in a row before the engine block heater install on my 2010 so I'm a few days/weeks away yet. I'll definitely get a bottle of the Subaru conditioner but I was wondering who manufactures their coolant? I'm assuming name brand from auto parts or department store would cost much less. If the Subaru product really is special, so be it! Thank You!

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
1,692 Posts
With a 2010 under warranty, you would be a fool to but in anything but OEM coolant and conditioner..... something with the Subaru name on the front.

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
Specs for the '06 Forester indicate that total cooling system capacity ranges between 7.2 U.S. qts. and 7.8 U.S. qts. -- just under two gallons -- depending on the engine and transmission combination.

Subaru's blue Long Life Super Coolant comes pre-mixed 50/50, so you'll need two one-gallon jugs.

Don't know what you local dealer charges, but Subaru's blue Long Life Super Coolant is $22/gal at Fred Beans (Doylestown, PA).

HTH,
Jim / crewzer

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,432 Posts
^^ The blue Supercoolant is pre-mixed. No watering down... 2 gallons are needed.

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
You're right! :icon_redface: With my super-specs properly adjusted, I can see the "50/50...Do Not Add Water" notation on the label.

Regards,
Jim / crewzer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts