Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that "some" dealerships advertise Complimentary 24 month / 24K mile Complimentary Maintenance for new car purchases. I asked the dealership where I ordered my car and they said "yes, that was included and provided by Subaru". Yet, I don't see them advertising that on their website, nor have I found mention of same on this forum. I did see (while browsing subject online) one dealership in another state qualifying the offer by limiting to certain states.

Copying here exact details of what's covered (from one dealership online site): "Maintaining your Subaru has just gotten easier. With the Subaru Complimentary Maintenance plan, you can have your vehicle serviced at any participating Subaru dealers. We will cover your oil and filter changes, tire rotations, cabin filters, and all recommended inspections. Completely free."

Anyone here know about this? Are you all getting this with your 2019 Forester purchases?
(I have only a verbal agreement with dealership on this, nothing in writing, so am wanting to firm up details)

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,319 Posts
Is it really "completely free" or is it built into the price of the car? I say it's baked into the car price.

·
Registered
2017 Outback
118 Posts
I got two free years of maintenance on my used 2015 Forester because it was a CPO. I don't know if that's a Subaru factory giveaway or a dealer perk.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
843 Posts
Copying here exact details of what's covered (from one dealership online site): "Maintaining your Subaru has just gotten easier. With the Subaru Complimentary Maintenance plan, you can have your vehicle serviced at any participating Subaru dealers. We will cover your oil and filter changes, tire rotations, cabin filters, and all recommended inspections. Completely free."

That’s probably the answer to your question... offered only by dealerships that wish to participate...

I know of no such offerings in SC...

·
Registered
2015 Forester CVT
121 Posts
I got free lifetime oil change when I bought my 2015 Forester. This is just a way for the dealer to get you in the door so they can recommend unnecessary services. Got a recommend change air filter which I did on my own afterwards... next oil change, I get a recommend change air filter again...

Regarding Subaru 24 month free maintenance, looks like it's just matching Toyota which also offers 24 month free maintenance... during the first 24 months, its really just oil change and tire rotation...

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,319 Posts
Don't know if it's true at most "free maintenance" dealers but a friend of mine who has that perk from a Nissan dealer says that when she calls to schedule her "free" maintenance they don't have any appointments available until a month later.

I've recently been shopping Crosstreks at multiple Denver-area dealers. Only one Subaru dealer mentioned 24 month complimentary maintenance.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
2,452 Posts
It IS totally free and not built into the price of the car. It is offered by Subaru in certain selling regions at certain times of the year. My 17 Impreza Limited came with it and EVERYTHING maintenance wise was included for 2 years/24K miles...even cabin and engine air filters. It is a SUBARU factory promotion and not a dealer gig where they can screw with the vehicle pricing and costs them nothing anyway.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
2,452 Posts
Regarding Subaru 24 month free maintenance, looks like it's just matching Toyota which also offers 24 month free maintenance... during the first 24 months, its really just oil change and tire rotation...
Not true...see my post above:wink2:

·
Registered
2019 Forester
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It IS totally free and not built into the price of the car. It is offered by Subaru in certain selling regions at certain times of the year. My 17 Impreza Limited came with it and EVERYTHING maintenance wise was included for 2 years/24K miles...even cabin and engine air filters. It is a SUBARU factory promotion and not a dealer gig where they can screw with the vehicle pricing and costs them nothing anyway.
Thank you SecurityGuy - that matches what I was told when I asked my dealer if they offered it. His response implied it was routine and provided by Subaru. However, my car is on order and nothing is done until it's done. Hopefully this benefit (and promotional financing) will last into July (general ETA for my car).

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
2,452 Posts
@Makalii7...I think you'll be fine. You get all of the benefits of the full scheduled maintenance so not just oil change and rotations. My son's 17 Impreza Limited is due for it's final 4th service here in the next month or so and then I'll change his oil myself.

·
Registered
2004 FXT 4EAT
12 Posts
I asked my dealer when I bought mine and he said they did not have free maintenance but I could get their prepaid maintenance plan.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
222 Posts
How can one verify if there is the 24 month with 4 maintenance visits I bought my Fozzi in Clearwater, FL and live in West Palm Beach, FL?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
68 Posts
Yes... how about PA?

2019 Subaru Forester Sport / Harmon Kardo
2006 Mazda Tribute s 4dr 4x4
1993 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr
1997 Chrysler Sebring JXi
1989 Cadillac Deville
1987 Dodge Ram[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2017 Forester Premium CVT
67 Posts
Osceolakidtt001, call your local dealer and ask. I bought my 2017 in Orlando, and when I researched the car originally, both major dealers in Orlando advertised 2 years free maintenance. In addition, one offered free oil changes for life, and the other offered free a lifetime warranty on the drive train, that's supposed to be good at any Subaru dealer in the nation. I chose the latter, and am very happy with their service department. I've now owned the car more than 2 years, so the 2 years free maintenance is done. During that time I got free oil changes, tire rotation, free wiper blade replacement, and engine and cabin air filter replacements. So as Security Guy said, it is available in Florida, and it included free everything. Some dealers may not choose to participate. My daughter, who lives in the Tampa area, just picked up her new Crosstrek yesterday, and her dealer does not advertise free maintenance. I'm curious to find out if they offer it.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
2,452 Posts
How can one verify if there is the 24 month with 4 maintenance visits I bought my Fozzi in Clearwater, FL and live in West Palm Beach, FL?
You would have received paperwork you had to sign at the time of purchase telling you that you had the Subaru 2 year maintenance plan. It will also show up under your MySubaru account when you log in and check vehicle information.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts