Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Editorial Content
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Following the debut of the Viziv Performance Concept at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show, Subaru confirms reception has been positive.

The Japanese automaker has built a reputation crafting some of the best-looking concept cars we’ve seen in recent years, only to disappoint us when the production model rolls out with significantly toned down styling. But this time around, Subaru design chief Mamoru Ishii claims the next WRX will be heavily influenced by the Viziv Performance Concept. Speaking to Autocar, Ishii said reaction to the concept has been positive and he’s eager to see certain design themes carry over to production. 'We have built up this tradition with the Legacy, Impreza, and WRX,' he said. 'We want it to look fast even when it is parked.'
Read more about Subaru Claims its Next WRX Will Actually Follow the Concept at AutoGuide.com.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,428 Posts
Horrible perspective. I hope it's just the photo. Or have they changed the rules about all tires being the same size? :icon_wink:

And those gaping holes on the front. Eat you alive. Worse than the original Tribeca.

·
Registered
2008 LL Bean (4EAT)
4,912 Posts
Ugly rear fender flare.
I have an old BMW Z3 and the hi-powered models have staggered wheels -- larger tires and wider track in the rear -- for handling.
There must be a similar reason for the WRX, but its larger front tires look awful.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,813 Posts
Ugly rear fender flare.
I have an old BMW Z3 and the hi-powered models have staggered wheels -- larger tires and wider track in the rear -- for handling.
There must be a similar reason for the WRX, but its larger front tires look awful.
What do you mean by larger front tires? The wheel size is the same front and rear. If anything, the concept has wider rear tires.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,813 Posts
The front tires look larger in diameter than the rear in photos. Do we know the sizes are the same?
We don't need to know, the front is not larger in diameter than the rear, you can see that by looking at the rest of the pictures in the article that was linked.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
31 Posts
I am happy to see something bold and different. Subaru can hardly be accused of taking design chances, nice to see them stepping outside of the usual.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts