Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 RX8
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching around trying to find out what a new stock WRX or Sti BPV would cost from the dealer? Any decent online sources for this oe item?

Thanks for any info anyone can provide

Jeff

·
Registered
934 Posts
i called the dealer for one. i only needed the elbow for the recirc hose but they do not just sell the elbow... they wanted 160 for the bypass valve. go to like clubwrx or iwsti and put a wanted post up for a stock bypass valve. i paid 30 shipped for mine.

·
Registered
2010 FXT Auto4
409 Posts
Bypass valve

I was wondering what advantages changing stock bypass valve to STi or aftermarket one? Is it something you need to consider if you upgrade your Turbo? Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
2006 RX8
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did a WTB on Nasioc and got several responses. Just bought one off of an 04 WRX with elbow for $50 shipped. Wish I could have gotten the $30 deal, but since my Sti TMIC with y-pipe and red hose cost $275 shipped, I am still ok at $325 invested overall.

Thanks for the excellent price info on what a new one costs!

Jeff

·
Premium Member
2004 FXTi
764 Posts
Jeff04FXT said:
I was wondering what advantages changing stock bypass valve to STi or aftermarket one? Is it something you need to consider if you upgrade your Turbo? Thanks Jeff
It is only needed for the higher boost pressures seen with a turbo upgrade, where the stock BPV is likely to leak/bleed. Aftermarket BPV/BOV cause problems. Don't ever use them on our TMIC setup.

STI BPV is pointless on stock turbo.

Regards,
Justin Wade
2004 FXTi

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Stock FXT BPV is supposed to hold boost to around 16-17psi. The STi valve is supposed to hold boost up to aorund 20psi. This wasn't the case with my STi valve though. It wouldn't hold boost past 16.5psi while being tuned so I had to throw a aftermarket one in there. You can run the STi TMIC with the STi BPV with the stock turbo. I did it for a long time and it was fine.

·
Registered
2006 RX8
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ZuMBLe said:
You can run the STi TMIC with the STi BPV with the stock turbo. I did it for a long time and it was fine.

Thats good to know. I was considering doing just that until I get ready to pick-up the Cobb Vf39 AP, at which time I would throw the VF39 on, reprogram and be set!

Thanks for confirming that!

Jeff

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5 MT
55 Posts
Recirc Elbow

Im in the same boat for my STi TMIC install. I keep finding BPVs for sale that dont have the the recirc elbow... Does anyone know if our stock recirc elbow will fit onto a WRX/STi bov?

EDIT: scratch that. After looking at opposedforces.com diagrams it appears we dont have an elbow....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts