Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
Nice article.

Subaru of Canada a couple of years ago had a short term lease (1year) program, for select dealers.
It went something like this, low initial down payment. after one year, you had the options of either continuing the lease at which time the rest of the normal down payment was necessary. Or you could upgrade to another Subaru model, your initial down payment was carried over and you made up the difference on the new lease payment. Or you could negotiate an early buy-out and save a lot of charges (?) I'm sure there was more to this but I have no details.

According to a dealership sales manager I spoke to, they said most stayed with their lease or upgraded. I bought mine when a couple needed more room for their kids and bumped up to an Outback after a year. It had less than 9000 Kilometres. It also made available a number of low mileage used Subaru's to sell for the dealers, that they might not have been able to sell someone on a new model.

·
Registered
06 Legacy SE SW
109 Posts
Good for Subaru.... While I really feel they have dropped the ball in transmissions, lack of engine choices (DIESEL???) and decontenting and lowering material quality, they lost me for a while after owning about 15 of them, but they still make a damn fine car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts