Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I said Ivan at Foresters has had several Quay Customers calling in to see him to help get work done on their Subaru’s. They also asked if he could get some in from Japan? He’s bringing in 2 Foresters that are on their way and both are sold. He showed me a Japanese Spec Outback 2.5 XT. Beautiful car. It’s done 60 k and it has sat in a field for 2 years. Ivan has rebuilt the engine ( that’s what they are brilliant at) so a brand new engine with zero miles on it. VF 48 big turbo and a big intercooler as standard. It’s a beautiful bit of kit. I was tempted however, with the £60’s I’ve “ invested” in this Foz with a secret project on the go at the moment 😏, stick with the Foz. Anyone who loves Subaru’s will do well with this car it has everything on it and racing paddle gearbox ! Thought I would pass it on if anyone’s interested? Btw he had 2 Outbacks XT the other has gone already. ATVB. Alan Mac

·
Premium Member
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was on a flying visit and had to be somewhere else sharpish for a business meeting. Never thought about it. If I’m passing next week will take pics.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester premium
218 Posts
Wow you're right that is beautiful! ...............................................................................................................

·
Registered
MY04 FSti MT6
648 Posts
I would be tempted but it's a shame that JDM Outbacks with manual transmission seem to be non-existent :(

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
2,479 Posts
@Alan MaC

I get it the car you saw was good!,

Untill you get some pics up heres some of mine unless you missed them the first time round.

By the way Foresters of Bilston have pretty naff web site.
Also AS performance have an even worse web site..... And their work is legendary.... So it would seem.
IMG_20200120_171122.jpg
IMG_20200120_171122.jpg
IMG_20200120_170703.jpg
IMG_20200305_164825.jpg
IMG_20200411_143325.jpg
IMG_20210412_122301.jpg

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
2,479 Posts
Nice fat turbo that (y)
Its a brute, pulls hard from 4000rpm all the way to 8000rpm .
After 4500rpm it gets a bit blury and you cant think quick enough, thats when the w/m kicks in.
Im gonna try and pack up that intercooler for you tomorrow.
@Alan MaC sorry to trample over your thread just filling in some time untill you get some pics of the vaunted Legacy

·
Premium Member
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its a brute, pulls hard from 4000rpm all the way to 8000rpm .
After 4500rpm it gets a bit blury and you cant think quick enough, thats when the w/m kicks in.
Im gonna try and pack up that intercooler for you tomorrow.
@Alan MaC sorry to trample over your thread just filling in some time untill you get some pics of the vaunted Legacy
Not a problem. What model of Turbo is that beast? It looks “interesting !”

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
2,479 Posts
Not a problem. What model of Turbo is that beast? It looks “interesting !”
The model of turbo is gtx 3586 iirc good for 600 odd hp its got the billet wheel which is marked by the X in its name and spools better because its lighter.
Its on a rotated up and down pipe so it can be lifted up out of the way of the block due to its girth, there fore killing 2 birds with 1 stone...... Less heat concentrated near the block and bigger turbo.
I do love it, but sometimes miss the instant spool of the oem item.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts