Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
06 Forester
389 Posts
i just clicked "next entry" and saw pics of the haiti earthquake...

great pics of dakar too. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2000 Forester
263 Posts
Wow wow wow!!! That VW looks mean! I love the big trucks in the Dakar! And what's the security concern with the normal African route? I thought it was originally environmental protests, even thought the whole Dakar race is only equivalent to 1 Formula One race. Who's going next year!

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited
1,542 Posts
That hill picture looks to be kind of tilted (look at the helicopter and the cloud cover) to give the hill a more menacing look. Still fantastic pictures though.

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5x SE
893 Posts
Great pics. Why doesn't a Subaru enter the Dakar.

Wow wow wow!!! That VW looks mean! I love the big trucks in the Dakar! And what's the security concern with the normal African route? I thought it was originally environmental protests, even thought the whole Dakar race is only equivalent to 1 Formula One race. Who's going next year!
There is some kind of political unrest in the Africa route. If memory serves, their were reports of drivers were being shot at as they drove through. I think the local warclans wanted hostages.

I watched last years Dakar Africa on TV. Amazing. I vividly remember one VW team drove their car straight off a 20-30 foot cliff; full speed. It landed on it's roof.

edit: I found this blog about the VW crash last year. Sorry I could not find a Video. It was a 13 foot drop into a dry river bed. Looked much deeper from the Helicopter Video. The photo on the link are after they righted the car and rescued the occupants.

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Great pics. Why doesn't a Subaru enter the Dakar.
Hmm funny you bring that up. I was just thinking.. where was Team Elaion and their Subaru Forester?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeVp9tmsvMk&feature=player_embedded#at=19

Hmm it seems there are Subaru ForesterS in the race.. BUT their standings are NA? So does this mean they never started?

POZZO Gabriel (ARG)
MARTIN Zarazaga (ARG)
SUBARU FORESTER

IKEMACHI Yoshio (JPN)
HOSONO Takao (JPN)
SUBARU FORESTER

There are both of Subaru-Elaion's Foresters

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5x SE
893 Posts
OK I found them in the first stage. Position 115 and 122 out of 128 cars in stage 1. They aren't in the current stage, so they must have failed to qualify.

Stage 1 (128 cars)

POS No. Name Make/Model Time Variation
115 346 Yoshio Ikemachi JPN FORESTER 03:57:09 01:45:54
122 345 Gabriel Pozzo ARG FORESTER 04:49:38 02:38:23

Stage 2 (123 cars in this stage, and JPN isn't in the list)

POS No. Name Make/Model Time Variation
123 345 Gabriel Pozzo ARG FORESTER 09:32:31 05:30:36

Second to last by stage 2. What a shame. I have never seen a forester in the Dakar TV show...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts